Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which are the best boots to prevent heel lift?

Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops wrote:
currently limping around with a tweaked achilles/lower calf pull on my left leg which is really p$ssing me off because I go to Morzine on Saturday Crying or Very sad

not good at all...

looks more like this thread will turn into 'how i fixed my really uncomfortable snowboard boots' ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops wrote:
Also I am currently limping around with a tweaked achilles/lower calf pull on my left leg which is really p$ssing me off because I go to Morzine on Saturday Crying or Very sad

bummer, i hope it clears up enough before you go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops nooooo ! Once you see that powder you will forget all about a little bit of cramp wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You're all wrong. Any size of boot will do. Just put your foot in and do them up, but leave enough room at the top for say 2 or 3 fingers. Then, pour in about half a cup of cement mixture followed by half a cup of water. Now, this is the easy part, just stand there, or sit, and do something less boaring instead (like chatting on an internet forum) for about 2 hours and hey presto, you'll have absolutely zero heel lift.

The one big bonus of this system is that it also lowers your centre of gravity (this is somethig i see a lot of snowharders having a problem with, as i see them sitting around in the middle of pistes all the time) and means you can board down the most difficult of terrain with not an iota of heel lift in sight.

One warning though; if you spend any time at the park or in the pipe, i'd recommend you go see a zookeeper as the extra weight of cement in your boots may inhibit your air time potential...

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, I've used that POV many times. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, it 'went' at about 3 pm on my last day (half day actually) on the weekend and it was enough for me to pack in for the day even though I had been on a bus for 2.5 hours and had to queue for 40 mins to get a ski pass before I could board. The bluddy achilles is not a good place for a snowboard injury !!

shoogly, surely you would recommend 'postcrete' instead, it sets in maybe 2 minutes and has a huge heat build-up too that would keep you toasty if perhaps a little burned Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really too cold out today!
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37508&highlight=

Little Angel Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you really should write for a magazine, when you aint taking the wee you're quite the narrator Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow, But i'm always taking the PI$$. NehNeh wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER very true !!!! Anyway you should be watching Chelsea stomping all over Olympiakos not posting in the SB section NehNeh
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, Perhaps Falliner will drop me a post and offer me some ca$h. Puzzled There's room for a little more, eeeeerrrrrr, something, FISH? Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DebbiDoesSnow, I is. The power of multi media. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
I need them for Verbier on 15th March ...

for 'Verbs' beer proof and diamond encrusted are more important than heel lift surely? wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you want some nuts to go with that beer ?
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
3snowboards, No problem my friend, you're post intimated that the solution to the problem, was "It's all about socks" which is not true. My Job, Bootfitter and has been for 12 yrs, Snowboard, Ski, Telemark and Randonnée, i'm quite happy to discuss Snowboard boots because they are problematic, we see around 4-5 pairs of them a day. Feel free to contribute, i'll pick at your post as i see fit given that the solution you offered was to change socks. I agreed, socks are important but only to fine tune fit not as a one stop answer to all Snowboard boot fitting issues. As i'm sure you may have only ever fitted your own boots i thought perhaps the advice of someone whom has fitted hundreds, maybe thousands might be of help. That's 'Socking it to ya.' Cool

You forgot to expound on how much of the job involves online fittings? Do you use a laser?
snow conditions
I have fitted boots online, ask JT and Arno about how it went. Modern technology in the right hands can work real well. Now what's your beef my 6 footed friend? Cool
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I have fitted boots online, ask JT and Arno about how it went. Modern technology in the right hands can work real well. Now what's your beef my 6 footed friend? Cool

I don't need a proctologist to tell me you're a butthole.
snow report
Hark at her. Toofy Grin Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy