Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Railflex Binding Adjustment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The FX-12 railflex binding on my AMC 76's has a forward/rearward adjustment so that your weight can be more towards the front/tips or the rear/tails of the skis. Currently they are set centrally and I assume to adjust this it is just a case of loosening the central screw and the binding moves as required before tightening the screw down again.

The question is, when should the binding be moved? Backwards for off piste/powder? The fitting instructions that came with the ski/binding don't provide this info. And, if moved how far should you go? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
forward for piste... back wards for off-piste or powder. I have the fx-12 on my amc79s and just leave them in the middle position. would probably be encouraged to move them back if the pow was deep enough to justify it, but i like the way they ski on piste anyway so just leave them as is.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never bothered moving my AMC76 bindings. Perhaps I should!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are actually 3 screw positions and there should be 3 marks accordingly. If you move the binding forwards or backwards you have to move it to line it up with one of the other holes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderjon recommended that i set mine fully forward on my RX8s for better turn initiation - so i did. I haven't tried them in any other position since but i can see the logic behind moving them back for skiing in powder (not that i'd get much float from a 165 carving ski with 66mm waist regardless of where the binding was set)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all,

ian010 - did moving them forward make a significant difference in your opinion?

I'll maybe try them in all 3 positions next week if the conditions are right for powder skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been told the same (I've got the same binding on my RX-8s) but have left it on the middle setting. To be honest I can't see how moving the binding forward a centimetre or so would make a jot of difference to my skiing.. but then I'm definitely no expert...!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy