Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I blinkered.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
jase2472, This reminds me of a discussion about planning ski trips long in advance or booking them last minute. Some of us are planners, some last-minuters and I think this is same sort of thing, and it seems to apply to all holidays, not just skiing.

Some go the the same place year after year, some conciously choose a new place even if last years was good. I'm in the group latter... I have been to some resorts more than once (Cervinia, Verbier, SkiWelt) but only cos I have connections there. For me the excitement of going somewhere new outweighs the surety of going back somewhere you know is good - I'm the same with women (only joking dear wink )

I guess those with kids are more likely to stick with what they know works - especially child care stuff...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This will be my 10th week skiing which has been over a 19 year span. The only resorts I've been to more than once have been La Plagne and my 2nd trip to Les Carroz this weekend. I was only thinking about this the other day and I don't think I would particularly enjoy some of the places I went when I was say 21 as I have slightly more refined tastes now! Pas de la Casa springs to mind as one of them; nightlife great and spent every night out til 4am partying which at 21 was perfect. Now at 33 I much prefer quieter bars and nice restaurants which Les Carroz provides. I can still party if I want to but don't have to endure long queues at the bar and big groups of people on the reps bar crawl night. Also looking forward to exploring more (2/3 area shut last Jan) whilst still having an idea of where certain runs/lifts go. Saying that though, last seasons weather probably had a bearing on why this is a return trip in that if I'd managed to ski the lot I would have booked somewhere different.

Next year however will (probably) go somewhere different but with the same characteristics as Les Carroz. However if you're happy with your choice of resort then I don't see that it's wrong to go every year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AllyK, yep I'd love to go back to Val DIsere, Verbier and Trois Vallee - all places I went to basically learn to ski as a poor student. I think they'd be wonderful now, but my tolerance for crowds (slopes and bars) and dodgy ski conditions is a lot lower nowadays. I'd love to go back but it'll be on a 'follow-the-snow' road trip, with no set plans.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy