Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a heavy duty wheeled ski transit bag - opinions?

Poster: A snowHead
After returning from a recent trip to France with my first pair of new skis (!) (a friend kindly brought them back in his own bag), I'm now looking for an all-in-one style transit bag, as described in the thread title. The ability to carry (large) boots, as well as other kit and clobber within the bag is important.

Looking at these items at the moment:

Haglofs Ski Bag at £89.99

Oakley 3.0 Ski Bag at £179.99

Does anyone own either of these bags (or something similar) and have any comments (good, bad or indifferent) or recommendations to make?

At this point, I'm not looking at ski tubes, or 'basic' ski bags!

As seems to be the way these days, nothing like this appears to be available in the shops - it's all mail order, which helps with price, but eliminates the possibilities for a 'touchy feely' session Very Happy

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have one of these..dakine fall line..

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Dakine-Fall-Line-Double.html

The bag is great but there is a problem with all these bags and the budget airlines as one bag with skis boots and clothes almost certainly breaks the 20kg limit and arguing the toss about why if you brought two bags and paid for ski carriage you would have no additional charge is frustrating to say the least..

In addition if your bag goes missing you have nothing. no skis boots clothes. So all in all I'm getting a cheapee single ski bag and a suitcase now..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

In addition if your bag goes missing you have nothing. no skis boots clothes. So all in all I'm getting a cheapee single ski bag and a suitcase now

cfc5mu0, Yup, same for us.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have a snow and rock one which i liked so much i bought another for the missus. and it was cheaper than the others you mentioned
snow conditions
 bloxy
bloxy
I have a Dakine double roller bag, very tough and masses of room, but fully loaded wil easily break the weight limit.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use a Head Monster bag. £80 i think.. Works a treat.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are anywhere East london-ish I have one going for the asking. Double padded wheeled monster of a thing in black - pm me if interested. aj xx
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zirynx, ..... Do consider the weight of these things, especially if flying "low-cost" airlines (and I use that phrase with some sarcasm Toofy Grin - times and weight allowances have changed ....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sport tube!
I am impressed with this bag hard tube.
http://www.sportube.com/pages/home.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oakley 3.0 should fit three pairs in pretty easily and is well built, but 195 is a flat out lie - I bought one off Steep and Cheap when it came up here, hoping to fit 195/191/186 skis in, but then found one in a shop in town and barely squeezed a 193 in off the rack.

Bit of a threadjack, but anyone know of any bags that'll hold 3x 190~ skis?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dynastar make a decent one, or you could try the Rossi burrito bag.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2nd Head Monster. I have never had a problem with weight on Easy Jet but to be honest I no longer travel with EasyJet as it is seldom cheaper by the time you add on the £30 for ski equipment. BA & Swiss Air both allow ski equipment for no extra charge.

I've flown this Jan with BA for £90 and I fly this April with Swiss for £90 both times to Zurich - Sat to Sat.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This could be your bag: http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-HS-01931-Snowboard-Graphite/dp/B000WZSY7Y?tag=amz07b-21

Tons of features, including dedicated pockets for boots that actually detach and zip together as separate boot bag, etc etc. Check it out. Sam
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
has anyone used one of these? http://tinyurl.com/26wxgf

looking for something to take a pair of metron 162 plus bindings plus boots plus some ski-wear. Want to cut my 3 bags down to 2 but don't want to go as long as a 180 bag..
& i am aware of weight implications. Also looking for a good (cheapish) wheeled soft holdall. any recommendations? This is for coach travel rather than air...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lokker do a couple of great big wheeled bags - the prices seem very reasonable compared with those in this thread. The range is here and you get the prices when you open the each bag's link.

http://www.lokker.co.uk/html/the_full_lokker_range.html

Little tip - the same range of bags can be got even cheaper on ebay
snow conditions
Zirynx, I also have a sporttube - double version. VERY pleased with its performance, its a breeze round airports and does a good job. However, boots will not fit in it with skis
ski holidays
I have a Peak Performance wheeled bag. Easily fits 2 pairs of skis. Would struggle with three unless you have vist plates or similar.

I pack my boots separately as a risk limiting measure ....
snow report
I've got a Dakine Concourse double ski bag, huge thing that fits 2 pairs of skis, boots and all your stuff in. 2 problems - wieght of the thing fully loaded and size of the thing when trying to get it into my car.
snow report
Dakine but it's pretty big.
No good for weekends unless you have an estate or you want to take your skis out of the bag and fold it double.
Having said that taking a smaller bag and a separate bag for clothes and stuff for weekends can also be done.
If you want an all-in-one type I don't think you need to spend more than £60-£80
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaKine High Roller or Low Roller snowboard bag - you may laugh, but they come with built on boot pockets and are more padded and stable that ski bags. Many airlines are now charging for boot bags - something to consider before buying a sport tube or 'ski' bag for your skis - check out the snowboard bags as well. I love my high roller - can get so much kit in + my boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy