Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Info on La Belle Plagne please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I am off to La Belle Plagne in April snowboarding with the family with Ski Esprit.

I am looking for any independant info on the resort, for example good places for lunch on the hill, good places for dinner at night, best runs in spring conditions.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's the scariest place to ski out of on earth during holidays.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BigAll, kind of agree with SMALLZOOKEEPER, as the lifts out of Plagne Bellecote can get seriously congested at times.
I went with a group over easter last year and it was surprisingly quiet at times further up the mountain, especially off Grand Rochette. Up the glacier it was packed though and chruned up to hell. The routes off the back of GR are good down to Champagny, especially the reds.

There are a few nice restraunts over in Plagne Centre (get the bus from Bellecote) and in Belle Plagne there are a few decent pubs. It's not the most exciting nightlife though but if it's for a family with kids, the restraunts are nice and friendly and do great grub.

Good run to get warmed up is the 'Belle Plagne' run up the right of the village. Go down to Bellecote on that – it's nice and gentle – and then get the bubble up to Roche De Mio and do the 'Carella' run over to Col De Force way; very long, sweeping run that's good for warming the legs regaardless of ability. There's a flat bit though where you have to get a rope drag for 200m but that aside, it's a great run. From there you can carry on to "Le Levesatt' to the the Verdon Sud lift (very high and scary in a big wind) or you can branch off and take the 'Le Serac/Borselliuers' runs, which are brilliant when there's fresh snow – lots of carving to be had. POlus there's a good eatery at the end of this run next to the Borselliuer I.II lift.

If you go up Grand Rochette come down the 'Mira' run, my fave in the reort, because it's so varied and as fast or as chilled as you want it to be. Plus it gets you down into Plagne Centre where there are tons of runs to go out from.

Check out the reports:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=96730

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=526736

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=526736

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=698226

You'll love it - great area to board and lots of runs for all abilities Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a bad area at all, terrain-wise but you want to get away from the crowds.

I am hoping to get back onto the Bellecote but I will try and avoid the bowl as it can be full of out of control skiers IME.

Beware of crowded pistes....

Belleplagne itself is a nice enough sattelite village and connected to the centre well enough.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BigAll, Welcome, ignore the gloom merchants. Belle Plagne is in my opinion the best location centrally to stay in La Plagne and if the washing line was open even better Laughing

Yes you do have to go down to Bellecote but if you check your runs once through it you can avoid it for most of the day. Runs from heaven are as described above of Grand Rochette but fav run of the lot is Les Inversions followed by Les Crozats of Roche Del Mio. Les Sources of Roche is another great run. Also depending on the snow coverage Dos Rond followed by Pierre Blanches down to Montchavin is a great run. The new Esprit place is great to. Enjoy.

Run to avoid is Mont De La Guerre into Champagny, long and rubbish red.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...and if you are boarding there are some runs with flat bits, the nice lift company has provided a rope tow on one of them Toofy Grin Being a skier I'm not troubled by such things wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, All boarders should when presented with the 3 run options under Arpette lift take St Jaques. Toofy Grin Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, agree. Great run, especially as a last run of the day. Get up there, enjoy the view and the sunset, wait for the rest to pass through, and then hoof it down at your leisure, taking in the tons of pow that build up along the sides - great fun.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the info folks.

I'll try & post a trip report after my return.

Any recomendations for a evening restaurant in Belle Plagne itself?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try this: http://skisnowboardeurope.com/laplagne/dining.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BigAll, we had a delicious pierrade (hot rock where you sizzle your own beef) in Chalet de Maitre Kanter restaurant underneath the Balcons de Belle Plagne apartment building (at the northern end of village), the rep organised it for us and got himself a free meal, but the food and wine kept comin til we could no more, recommended.

On mountain, the chalet near Pierres Blanches has a nice sunny terrace, ditto the one at Les Bauches, beautiful views of Bellecote peak too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BigAll, Mattafan in Belle Plagne is very good
Le Sauget on the way down to Montcahavin for Lunch
Le Ferme at the very bottom of the Montcavin slope
Verdons Sud on the slope of the same name down to Champagny from the Grande Rochette fantastic for lunch on the terrace in the sun
The restaurant to the left above collosses lift with the red bt phone box outside we call it Pollys cos thats the name of the woman who owns it

Will that do for now
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BigAll, the Matafan restaurant in Belle Plagne is good for dinner .. or lunch.. or a last drink on the mountain!

Loup Blanc in ?Plagne 1800 was good for lunch one snowy day -but the piste hadn't been groomed for 24 hours so it was an interesting ride down (or I would think magnifique if you're into that kind of thing)

I reckon Belle Plagne is the best place to stay in La Plagne for getting around.

I liked the run from the top towards Champagny, beautiful scenery. Les Inversens is nice but very busy - we found it best in the mornings. Enjoyed a day in Les Arcs but I guess you won't be able to do that this year.

I'm not sure if you have to ski down to Plagne Bellecote if you don't want to. Doesn't the gondola up to the top stop at Belle Plagne?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 12-03-08 20:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, I remember a stop in Belle Plagne, you could probably find a seat or two free coming up from Plagne-Bellecote. Though, depending where your accommodation is, it might be easier to slide down to Plagne-Bellecote to pick up the lifts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy