Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Trip Planned For Easter 2009 Help Needed Pls :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya snowHead 's

Just got back from a week in Les Gets, PDS and after boarding on ice for a week we have decided to go further a field next year.

Thinking of Whistler and just wondered if anyone can offer any help or suggestions on where to stay and if it's better to book a package holiday-never been before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, is it snow sure in April too - sorry for the ignorance Embarassed

Cheers snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
while nowhere is "snow sure" you will in all reality still be skiing every run until the end of april here in whistler.

package is ok, if you are cool booking flights, and a number of people can make suggestions re booking accommodation. lift tickets, lessons can all be booked over the internet in advance. its pretty easy to DIY.

a a season pass from early april until june costs $400!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed in Whistler Creekside three years ago and found it a better location than the main village. It was on Lake Placid road (not Nita Lodge) but can't remember the name of the accommodation-self catered appartment. We booked using the Whistler website.
Creekside is not as busy, cheaper, and has quick and easy access to slopes. It has a few bars and restaurants, supermarket, a few shops but will not have the apres ski of the main village. Buses run regularly between them and the journey only takes 5 minutes or so (but costs a couple of dollars I think).
The only other problem is access to Blackcomb mountain-if you go up the bubble from Creekside, you have to ski back down to the main village to get across to Blackcomb (but they were talking about a higher level link?)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
creekside is the best, especially as i live there. seriously though, it is a cool easy to live in place esp on a budget.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went last year in Feb, stay in Whistler as it is more fun, in April you are likely to be skiing back to the resort in rain and slush but up top it should be great.go aerlier if you can. Board the bowla of Symphony Harmony and Seventh Heaven. Accom is easy yo arrange with allure.com or something. Book a stretch limo from Vancouver to the resort
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, thanks very much guys for the info - much appreciated, think we will re-think the dates rayscoops, it does sound amazing and for those who live there.... well, u are soooo lucky! Thanks again wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am positive I already made a lengthy reply to this thread.... what happened to it?
basically if you look into it, in the last 6 years, we have had as little as 20cm and up to 200cm in April. So anything is possible. the snow, if any, is usually quite wet. typical spring skiing, rock hard in the mornings, then softens up and turns slushy by days end.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Am thinking of going to Whistler myself next year,was originally looking at feb half-term but looks like it clashes with the US presidents day bank hol,when in Tahoe the other week was told that the resort would be very busy during Presidents week,is this the same for Whistler,do you get a lot of holidaymakers crossing the border that week?.

Would maybe look at April like Leedslips, is but would it be equally busy for the week leading up to Easter (april 4th-11th)?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, I have had a re think and even though I know it's going to be really busy etc we are going to look at going in February for 10/11 nights. I hope that this will increase our chances of wicked Twisted Evil snow - can't wait, just looking at UK tour operators for the best deal. There's only 3 of us and it makes it expensive, we do need two rooms really - one for us, one for the teenager wink

Can anyone suggest any UK operators, I have already looked at Thomson and they are quite reasonable-for 1 room only tho Sad If anyone can think of anything that would be cool.

Cheers snowHead 's x
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Leedslips, try to avoid Presidents week (US holiday in Feb) if possible because it can get a bit busy, but not too bad really. Look at www.alluradirect.com (edit) or something for accommodation if your are DIY.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 5-03-08 8:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i personally wouldn't stay in creekside because i prefer blackcomb, but maybe it's just me Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just got back from Whistler and it was fine over Presidents week, busy I'll grant but not annoyingly so. If you do ski esprit like we did you don't have to queue for lifts anyway Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If there are three of you, maybe look at a condo instead of hotel rooms then, often cheaper.
I would recommend alluradirect.com and then booking your own flights.

I always preferred to stay in the village, down at VIllage North, rather than upper village or creekside, becuase then you can walk to everything in the evenings.

HTH's
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Presidents week is one of the busiest times at Whistler. Try to avoid at all costs IMO.
I would recommend avoiding Creekside, no real reason.
It is an awesome location if you come only to ski, and ski Whistler mountain mainly.
If you want to experience more of the night life / village, then accommodation in the village or village north is a lot better, especially with the free bus service (creekside will cost you $1.50 each way)
It is also easier to ski Blackcomb if you are based in the main village or village north areas.
If you are coming to ski Blackcomb mainly, consider getting a place in Benchlands, great location (some ski in ski out), still has a free bus service to village to eat out etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy