Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school/tuition Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We're staying in Courchevel 1650 and are looking for some instruction, but would like to book on the day if possible because our kids are skiing for the first time and we'd like to make sure they are happy first. Do you have any recommendations? Is this realistic?

Also, I have skied a few times and learned to parallel ski (badly!) but that was 5 years ago, and my partner has done a day at the Snowdome in MK and can do a basic snowplough. Would it be a good idea to employ a private instructor for us both, assuming I'm happy to take a step back a bit?

Thanks for any insights,

Mirjam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mirjam, Not sure of who operates out of 1650 but we were able to book private lessons during half term week in La Tania so I'm sure you should be able to find somewhere.

Check out www.latania.co.uk it focusses on LT but there's lots of info on Courchevel as well.

Wish I was going rather than having just come back!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Martyn, I'll have a look.

Mirjam
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.skinewgen.com or supreme ski in 1850

how about our very own offpisteskiing www.offpisteskiing.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Would it be a good idea to employ a private instructor for us both, assuming I'm happy to take a step back a bit?

I'd suggest you book a few sessions for days 2/3/4, if you can (we found New Generation excellent but they may well be fully booked by now). The instructor can sort you out and give you both some time, and some exercises to do, then perhaps have a separate session. Or split it, if you book 2 hour sessions.

Do Esprit not have a "partner" ski school?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mirjam, try Supreme Ski School. They are based in 1850, but quite possibly can do lessons from 1650 too. They are really good, very friendly, superb British instructors. We're having some lessons with Gareth Roberts next week and the week after, and we're staying in 1650, but are able to ski over to 1850 for the lessons.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

are able to ski over to 1850 for the lessons.

and if you're not (the route between the two is not the easiest in the world) there are plenty of buses.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We skied with Patsy at Ski Excel a couple of years ago. She was an excellent instructor. Although our group included kids, none were beginners, but Patsy, as well as being an ex racer is apprently also qualified as a nursery teacher, so she should know what she's doing. There are other instructors, of course, but I've no idea what they're like. She's Scots, BTW, so speaks good English (considering).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Would it be a good idea to employ a private instructor for us both, assuming I'm happy to take a step back a bit?

I'd suggest you book a few sessions for days 2/3/4, if you can (we found New Generation excellent but they may well be fully booked by now). The instructor can sort you out and give you both some time, and some exercises to do, then perhaps have a separate session. Or split it, if you book 2 hour sessions.

Do Esprit not have a "partner" ski school?

I don't know but I'm due to call them anyway so will find out. I think we have decided to do a 2 hour session on day 2, 3 and 4, thanks!

Mirjam
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone, as always all this info is really helpful. Very Happy

Mirjam
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy