Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wycombe Summit Snowdome. The latest

Poster: A snowHead
Start of build Sept 08 and now talk of possibly covering the old main dendex slope in snow in winter.
http://www.wycombesnowdome.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OUtdoor snow sounds great. That's my only disappointment with Hemel going to snow, in that I like being outdoors. I wonder how long it would take to prepare? The problem with the main slope at Wycombe was it wasn't steep enough, snow should fix that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't see how sustainable snow can be laid on a slope in southern England. If they use a cryogenic process (liquid nitrogen+water+compressed air) they will make snow very successfully (and pretty expensively) ... which will melt within hours in the ambient air temperatures.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Admittedly you get sub-zero daytime air in southern England a few days a year, but I doubt if the number of days is greater than 3-5.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd imaging the snow would be made at night. The slope is 300m long and assume it's about 15m wide. To put a foot of snow on that takes 150,000 gallons of water. I'd hate to pay the water rates. Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They are claiming 'This will create the longest real snow slope in the country by far'

I don't think so. rolling eyes

In fact in will be half the length of Yad Moss, shorter than Raise and Harwood Common and only a third the length of Weardale. If it works however skiing may be a bit more reliable there. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S, Longest Artificial Snow slope.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They could put refrigeration under the slope - they do that to make an outdoor ice rink in Norwich for a few weeks before christmas
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
About blimmin time!!! Very Happy It's just a shame it's not happening sooner. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman wrote:
The slope is 300m long and assume it's about 15m wide. To put a foot of snow on that takes 150,000 gallons of water.

Could put a lot of fires out with that much water Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
The slope is 300m long and assume it's about 15m wide. To put a foot of snow on that takes 150,000 gallons of water.

Could put a lot of fires out with that much water Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing excellent
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
An SMS text service will be in operation to inform our visitors of imminent snow cover on the dendix slope. Just imagine the excitement from skiers and snowboarders when they receive a text announcing that the weather's good this weekend and that snow is planned for the 300 metre slope. Last weeks cold weather spell we experienced would be the ideal conditions”

Can you imagine the queues?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The proposed new snowdome and redevelopment was due to commence in September 2008 with completion 12 months later. Does anyone have any info on how this is going?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just tried emailing info@wycombesnowdome.co.uk and got a failed delivery message. Doesn't bode well!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The domain is suspended. The website just says "No web site configured at this address".
snow report
http://www.wycombesummit.co.uk/ is the web site and if you click contact us it gives the above address.
ski holidays
Hmm. info@wycombesummit.co.uk bounces as well. I thought they may have put the wrong address on by mistake. I'm off to email the parent company now to see if they know anything. Would love this to go ahead as my fiance's parents live in Wycombe and it'd give me something to do when we're down visiting them. Wink I really liked their dry slope (has that reopened yet?)

There is really very little information about it now, even if you trawl through the planning stuff from Wycombe council. My hunch is that it's been scrapped or at least mothballed for a while. Otherwise, surely they'd still be trying to create a buzz about it. Their website hasn't been updated in quite some time.
snow conditions
I drove past the dry slope recently - no sign of life.
ski holidays
Has anybody heard, they may be experiencing difficulties borrowing the money - I believe it's called a credit crunch!
snow report
this has planning consent and is owned (i understand) by the Tamworth snowdome people. I imagine, as has been said above, that it's been put on hold for the time being given falling values, lack of credit, and build cost inflation currently at 30% (as i was told in a presentation today)!!! So many projects just don't stack up at the moment.
ski holidays
olster, The real shame is that the dry slope could have been operating all the time if there had been the will. No damage to slope or lift just the power needed to be sorted. Various rumours including still not signed off last details with council as per their website and that if build not started by now it won't be started until next Sept given the 12mnth build estimate. Also that they may be waiting for McAlpine to finish Hemel. As I said though all rumour at the moment.
snow conditions
beanie1, unfortunately I suspect that you are correct that it has been put on hold. Shame Sad
ski holidays
gsb, Yep, it's annoying seeing the slope still there and not being used. Hopefully if they've put the snow dome on hold, they might think about reopening the dry slope.
snow report
120 metres would be a bit short, too, now that we are used to 180 at Milton Keynes etc.
snow conditions
The March/April issue of DMSS says that the re-launch of Wycombe Summit is in the pipeline with an estimated opening in 2013. Shame it won't be any sooner. Sad
latest report
They are claiming 'This will create the longest real snow slope in the country by far'

I don't think so.

In fact in will be half the length of Yad Moss, shorter than Raise and Harwood Common and only a third the length of Weardale. If it works however skiing may be a bit more reliable there.

Is Yad Moss only 600yds long?
snow conditions
up4it wrote:

I don't think so.

In fact in will be half the length of Yad Moss, shorter than Raise and Harwood Common and only a third the length of Weardale. If it works however skiing may be a bit more reliable there.

Yes, I think they mean longest "permanent" real snow slope Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy