Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Air - Ski Carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off skiing in a weeks time. I'm using Swiss Air - whom I understand provide free ski carriage.

My question is: how fussy are they about what goes in my ski bag? I usually like to wrap a few fleeces around my skis to give them a little protection - but I won't bother if they're going to get shirty about it.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abj, no worries with Swiss in my experience. 2 pairs in one bag no problem, snowboard bag packed to the rafters, no problem. I think as long as it's less than 32kg you'll be OK.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it is written into Switzerland's constitution that you can carry your skis anywhere and they don't bust your b@lls about what goes in the bag with your skis wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, except you can't put your rifle in the ski bag. That has to remain uncovered in the luggage rack, ready for immediate use!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abj, Zero problems best airline standard Smile hmm free chocolate on the plane!

Elizabeth B, Hee hee!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abj, fill it up as far as it will go. As masmith says, it's only a problem if any single piece of luggage weighs heavier than 32kg
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, forgot about that bit wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
btw it's not called Swiss Air anymore, just plain Swiss Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use Swiss all the time. No problem with seperate Skis & Boot bags.

Great Airline cheap & you get a sandwich free drinks, chocolate & even air miles !

If your skiing in Switzerland you can book your gear all the way to the resort whci I doubt EasyJet will do , LOL !!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

If your skiing in Switzerland you can book your gear all the way to the resort whci I doubt EasyJet will do , LOL !!!

not from Basel though Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes well Basel Airport is actually in France Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bloody hell, so it is, going there for the first time in a few weeks and hadn't realised. Have flown into Switzerland many times to ski in France but never the other way round. You learn something new every day. Hats off to Professor stanton !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great. Thanks guys.

Ski carriage sorted!

I just need to get my head round the 6.50am flight from London City Airport now Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm also flying on Swiss soon and will have my 4 month old baby with me. Any idea about whether we get extra luggage allowance or are able to take the car seat on the plane?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy