Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 18th-25th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going with a small group (Cool and we want to sample Bellecote.
Anyone know of any guides for the area on the web which describe the routes quite well. We will also be interested in qualified guides available in the area. We will be in cars so a day trip up the valley in feasible. Apart from Bellecote, I would be intereasted in St Foy and Tignes routes.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know a fantastic guy in La Plagne.
His names Thiery and he's based at the Salomon Station in Plagne Centre. The big plus of this is that u get decent coffee thrown in, oh, and access to absolutely any of this year's Salomon range.

The setup is basically a promotional mechanism for Salomon but that just means u get loads of extras for your money.

Thierry is a year-round-local and knows every rock and tree for miles around. That said though, we were in the middle of some fairly dense forest when he said,"wait 'ere". Drops 10-15 ft down hill, cranes his neck, side-steps back up and goes, "We are free-rider! We like best when we don't know where we are!". Yeah, for like 20 seconds he didn't know rolling eyes

That week, most of La Plagne was in-accessable due to massive snowfall. This guy was responsible for turning a 'disaster' into a top week (and I only skied with him for about 10 hrs).

If u are interested, let me know and I'll let u have a number.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, I would be interested in meeting him. We are staying in Belle Plagne.

Thanks very much...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Admin's guy sounds great.
I presume by Bellecote you actually mean the glacier area rather than the resort.
pistehors.com gives a good write-up. It is a run I have yet to do, but hope to ski it this January now that I am reasonably competent at off-piste at last.
Make sure you visit Le Saloon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, the Chiaupe Glacier is not often open during the main season and is shown on the piste map as a couple of blues. They are not - short, steep and mogully if the area is open. The pistehors.com article is referring to the Bellecote area (which is extensive and mainly off-piste) and not to the little glacier itself. But it's accessed from the gondola which goes to the glacier from Roche de Mio. I take your point - all of this is miles away from the village part of LP known as Bellecote, which is just below Belle Plagne. Confusing. And there's a lift in Les Arcs called Arpette - matching the one up from Bellecote towards the Montchavin side and the Vanoise Express.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim/Kuwait Ian.

Yes, I am talking about the Bellecote hill, I haven't been to the area but some of my friends have. I would like to speak to admin's guy if he has knowledge which it sounds like he has. We normally use UAIGM but I will see when we get there.
It has a reputation and I am really looking forward to it.

Jonpim, What part of Jan are you there and what do you plan to do?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy