Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix/St Gervais - Where to SKi

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are in Chamonix (Les Boissons - Les Houches part of town) from morning Friday until Sunday. Given the current weather/snow conditions where are we best skiingfor the better conditions. We have a car so can travel (happy to go to St Gervais etc)and will be looking for good intermediate slopes

Thanks
alan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't speak for Chamonix but St Gervais and surrounds was VERY soft and quite patchy in places last week - Good fun skiing but of the scoot about intermediate type rather than tricky intermediate type. . . . . .which suited me perfectly. Snow looked better/deeper in Chamonix from the view out of the train window but I wouldn't attach too much reliability to that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it's warm and sunny I think the best place is Argentiere. Do get a guide and spend a day going down the Vallee Blanche - incredible! (and OK for reasonable intermediates.)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The road from Chamonix to St Gervais also leads to Les Contamines which is at the dead end of the valley with snow better than St Gervais/Megeve/Rochebrune known as Domain Evasion. Evasion is low and close to town so the surrounding areas will not hold snow well. It can be an excellent place to ski if there is snow. Les contamines is the place to go for good snow.

The far end of Chamonix Valley is of course the Le Tour/Vallorcine and that is an excellent intermediate area. It has a stunning view of the Chamonix valley too and is the exact opposite to Les Houches. It has better snow because it is higher at 1500m+.

Brevent/Felgere and Grands Montets also have intermediates runs but their red runs are close to black standard plus fairlly long and straight and would not be enjoyable by skiers/boarders who are not comfortable with red runs.

Both Flaine and Les Gets are within easy reach from Chamonix. The latter is particularly suitable for intermediates.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy