Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BOOT HELP please asap, thanks.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody.

I'm having real problems deciding what boots to buy. I'm an instructor and a racer, I consider myself an expert skier, when I am skiing for fun I do as much off piest as possible but also really enjoy carving up the piest (often manage talk my way into using the downhill/gs/slalom course for a day). I usually hire a good pair of GS skis when I'm away (not great for stability when off piest but there wide and floaty and I think its worth the compromise for the piest), as when I buy skis they don't tend to last me very long. The boots I have been using are Salomon xwave 8s, but I've never really liked these boots. They suited my racing style but were a little soft, when I teach they would reach the limit of there flex at far too small an angle even after cutting chunks of plastic off, so to demonstrate anything properly I would have to have them completely unclipped and me standing on my tip toes. To complicate the matter further, last year I won a pair of Scratch Ghettos, so I've been getting into the freestyle quite a bit....

Anyway, I guess what I'm sating is I want an all roundish boot, Preferably something very stiff but with a larger range of flex than my old boot and maybe as a bonus some impact absorption.

I understand that this is probably a ridiculous request, and I'm never going to find a freestyle racing boot, but I just thought that some of you may be in a similar situation and may have a recommendation or 2.

My old boots are now unusable and I'll be off to France in 2 weeks, if I'm to avoid tying my feet to my skis with some old belts I'll need some advice quickish.

Just as an afterthought, also looking for a cheep light pair of bindings for my scratch, the standard are the 140 ti's but there a bit hefty. I don't see my din going any higher than 12 on these skis.

one last thing, just a thank you to the whole snowheads community, you've been an invaluable source of information.

Thanks, alan.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FIREotter, How about the new Flexons - Full Tilt, I know there are a lot of fans of these boots out there. The stiffness is all in the tongue piece which can be swapped in a few seconds. Just get a stiff race tongue and another softer one and decide what your mood is at the start of the day. They're on my must try list but won't need new boots for a few years yet Sad

Check out the video at http://www.fulltiltboots.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy