Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Survived trip to Austria with 43 pupils- no thanks to tour operator!!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
schatzi,
Have just caught this thread - can't believe the problems you had and I fully agree that you were not expecting too much. Seems like a bare minimum to me. My husband used to organise ski trips for his school and I always teased him about the "holiday". Then I joined him for one trip (for which I paid same as kids) and never again. I've never worked so hard or had so little sleep, on any ski trip before or since. Looking after 2 kids is bad enough but looking after 50 of the little blighters is tough. All credit to you for continuing to take them. My OH's school only goes to US now because of trouble with kids and alcohol in Europe rolling eyes . Hope you get some compensation, or at least apology from SB
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
schatzi wrote:
But I think I have the right as a teacher to expect: a coach company hired by skibound to have the wherewithall to get us there if stopped by the police and a means of paying fuel bills.

I agree completely, however I suspect that this was the fault of the coach company rather than skibound. Having worked with and for several coach companies I can testify that there are often "breakdowns of communication" between the coach firm and the drivers. Oh, and coach drivers themselves can be a funny breed (yes, I do have my licence and am one rolling eyes ). Do you have a coach company that the school usually use? Maybe you could request them next time?

Fortunately this year we had great coach drivers - among the best I've come across - but even they managed to forget to bring a map!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
schatzi What part of 'for sure you had a bad experience' do you not understand !!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just another point on our trips with Skibound. Our group leader has informed us at the time of booking that we share a room for 4. We know this and accept it, and to be fair is all part of the crack.

However if you want a room for just 2, it costs just £35 each, we know this 12 months in advance.

Surely you must have known the room arrangements prior to departure and this option is available to you , albeit out of your own pocket.

If you book a trip for 43 you get to go on a free reccy to sort all this out. Or does this only apply to our well organized group leader.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

However if you want a room for just 2, it costs just £35 each

Really? When I worked for SkiBound, twins for teachers were standard, certainly in their clubhotels.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
They had a single room with 2 beds in so they couldn't even pass between them, everyday they looked worse and worse and told us that they were having no sleep-

Sounds pretty rubbish, but I don't understand why the coach drivers couldn't sleep.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tomstickland, coach drivers have elevated whining to the level of an art form. I generally ignore them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

However if you want a room for just 2, it costs just £35 each

Really? When I worked for SkiBound, twins for teachers were standard, certainly in their clubhotels.

Let me correct myself I am referring to the trip I go on, NOT this School trip.

However I found it very strange that schatzi did not have the room plan prior to travel. I know now who I will be rooming with next Jan and our group leader and his Missus always go away on a freebie (and make no bones about it, that is what he calls it ) for a long weekend to approve the place and allocate bedrooms. He does this towards the end of the season the year before for the trip.

A few from our group are going to Meribel at Easter, he has even arranged for them to have lunch at the hotel in Les Menuires one day, which is where we are going next year. He has done this so he can gauge there reaction to the place.

All this for £580 per person and we don't need to worry about the coach drivers because we fly. Razz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel, I received rooming lists for all of us including satff at 1pm on 15th Feb, we left at 11pm 15th Feb. Every other Skibound trip was a twin room. And I am pretty organized thanks!
I like the idea of an inspection visit tho, never had one of them before and with no kids that IS a frrebie.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kel wrote:
However I found it very strange that schatzi did not have the room plan prior to travel.

That all depends on the hotel. If they have more than one group in, they can often still be juggling spaces up to the last minute. It may well be that the hotel did not release the rooming until very late.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

coach drivers themselves can be a funny breed

indeed. One of the drivers on the coach taking my daughter and many others to Flaine for the second half term week "did a runner" when they were in the queue for Eurotunnel. Just legged it. The security people brought him back but clearly he was a few cogs short of a gear box. The coach had to drive back through security and passports into "England", dump him by the side of the road, then start all over again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy