Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith - Indoors

Poster: A snowHead
I was just wondering if anyone has been on one of Warren's indoor UK full day lessons.
I know there are some people on here who have done his week long courses, just wondering if these one dayers have any value?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did one many years ago (when he was working with Pete Silver). It will be no surprise to those who know Warren well that we concentrated on ankle flex and getting the inner thigh well across the skis at transition Wink

From what I can remember it seemed like good value as the cost for the full day at Tamworth plus instruction from Warren and Pete was less than the cost of the lift pass itself if I had just paid for a full day on the slope.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Rob. Can you remember how many people were there, and how much 'individual' time you get with them?
It sounds good, but only if the numbers are limited.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
markP, Pretty sure that Spyderjon has done a few of the one day's, aswell as some weeks in Verbier, so should be able to give some good feedback, send him a PM if he doesn't appear on here soon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
markP, it was a long time ago, so memory is a bit sketchy, but maybe 16-20 people divided between two instructors. I can't recall feeling that I didn't have enough attention.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done a couple, although they're half day courses now. It's suprising how much they help me, they're especially useful if the slope you're on has built bumps that day too.

There're usually split into groups of 6/8 people.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
markP,

I fancy giving this a try - Not sure if MK will be better for me to get to though
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They appear to be a full day at the moment. 10am until 4pm, although the lift pass is for a full day.
So you can turn up at 9 and get some runs in first. You can also do a full weekend, although at double the price I'm not sure if that's worth it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I haven't skied with WS since 1995, I prefer Pete Silver-Gillespie's coaching. I did see WS delivering a course 2 years ago at MK, I wasn't too impressed with his slope etiquette. He had his group standing in the middle of the slope, either hopping on one leg or Braquage. Not exactly very friendly for anybody else on the slope.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman wrote:
He had his group standing in the middle of the slope, either hopping on one leg or Braquage.

Ah braquage ! That is definitely Warren Smith's thing.

You would not need vast pistes for some of the exercises I would expect him to concentrate on.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman wrote:
Not exactly very friendly for anybody else on the slope.

There tends to be very few other users at all in my experiance. Certainly midweek in summer.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, Agreed, but if there are other users on the slope, I wouldn't monopolise the entire slope. If you want to do that, book the entire facility exclusively.
It's all about consideration. I wouldn't do it to another Instructor and I wouldn't want it done to me.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman, there are usually two sides open at the top as well as the lesson slope, cant really see how one group doing pivot slips, one footed hops or anything else is going to completely monopolise the facility....

usually it is the beginner boarder classes who are sitting strung out across the slopes causing all the traffic jams Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, The other side was full of Furniture and it was busy. It's about being aware, when working in a closed environment and tailoring your lesson accordingly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, indeed. These newbie instructors with no experience rolling eyes
snow report
BGA, What might work perfectly well in Verbier, doesn't neccessarily work in a snowdome.
ski holidays
markP, Ive been on 3 or 4 of Warrens indoor courses at Cas.Enjoyed them very much Very Happy
Hes good at making you step back and think about your skiing and how to take on new ideas to bring you up to date with more modern techniques.
The confines of a snowdome make it harder to put these drills into practice,especially at low speed which often shows up any deficiencies in your technique wink but when you do get out to the alps you can put all the drills etc ,etc into practice and it all comes together.Well it has for me anyway.
AsMosha Marc, said if you get a day 'Usually a Monday' at Cas,when the bumps have been left out ,then the better skiers in the group get to do lots of drills on the 'finer points' of skiing bumps which I enjoyed even more.
All in all they are good value and if you are the sort of skier that wants to 'broaden your horizons' a little bit,then I would give them a try. At the time of year that they are held,its any excuse to fit in a couple of sessions,is it not wink
snow report
Quote:

What might work perfectly well in Verbier, doesn't neccessarily work in a snowdome.

Thanks for clearing that up, is that why they were looking at me funny in the lift queue at Castleford when I had my Sumos and transceiver on?
ski holidays
Cheers guys. The course is on Saturday or Sundays. What the hell, I'm only 5 minutes away.
snow report
markP, Hope you enjoy it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy