Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term trip 2009!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now this is really forward planning, but having completed a trip in early January we are already planning for next year however due to some of us not being able to face the headteachers at our respective schools for the fourth year running to blag time out of term we are looking at taking a trip at half term 13th-23rd Feb. We have a fairly open brief, i.e we'll ski anywhere in the world, there are 10-18 of us subject to final planning - 60% adults. We generally will take a full or part chalet with breakfast and evening meals but would consider alternatives so long as there's a communal area attached to the bedrooms / hotel/ restaurant.
We have generally skied in France with a cost of chalet £400- £450 hire £100 pass £150 flights £100 giving an approximate adult cost of £800 give or take a bit. The constraint is some members of the group would struggle to pay more and as they are childless it's hard to impose extra cost on them.

A few ideas that have been kicked about are Canada /America doesn't differentiate pricing for half term and a number of people we know already head to Norway at half term?

Any personal experiences, ideas, thoughts or leads would be gratefully appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Captain Chaos, good luck, now is the time to start planning. I'm sure the advice will be to avoid France. From what I've read on here recently I think my personal choice might be to try Italy or Switzerland, though of course the large majority of catered chalets are in France. I'd be inclined to rent an entire chalet, and do a combination of self-catering, restaurants, and getting catering in. We rented a place for 12 in Les Gets once. Each couple did an evening meal, and on the 7th night we went out. It was excellent, and inexpensive, and doing one meal was not a problem for anyone.

I am a Francophile with an apartment in the French Alps but I keep well away for these four weeks!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam will check out Italy and Switzerland - good idea about sharing the cooking!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Captain Chaos, there's always Austria too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy