Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non EDC

Poster: A snowHead
reading the very entertaining post over on 'the piste' wondered what stuff would not be on the 'EDC' Smile. Things that you don' t find on the standard lists but find yourself using all the time?

Things that i have come across recently are;

Adralite - two part epoxy - used for repairing large dent in the top deck of my board - not looking at anyone in particular
edge gasket - use it on the nose and tail of the board when traveling to stop the edges cutting through the bag (again)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arnica - for the bruises
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
edmundf, I just wrap a smelly T-shirt around the ends of my board Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Started with that, think i must have had the baggage handler from hell- just happened across some of this stuff 'for free' worked really well -
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emergency rizlas and lighter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
edmundf, please tell me you're not actually carrying Araldite around the mountain. If you're going to be that anal you might as well be an old fart skier.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what is EDC?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, have you not seen these?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36476
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36563
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops wrote:
what is EDC?

EDC to me means eilean donan castle: http://www.914outdoor.co.uk/content/view/15/29/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, god no - stuff that you would never carry around the mountain - the essential non essential ski stuff. Speaking of 'old fart skiers', closest i ever came to piste side repair is using a lighter to remove a large sliver of plastic from the underside of a ski. (not mine - just to make that clear Smile )
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
edmundf, every day carry ? if you are going off piste fair enough, but what could you possibly want to carry? a tool for my bindings (because I am messing about with them) and a Mars bar.

I am not sure if anything that you use all the time can be described as not being on the standard lists Puzzled I assume you must mean something that you use each holiday perhaps but would not pack each day when you go out to board?

hang on, this is getting too ski like for me, I refuse to participate anymore Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, apparently the skiers on here are all carrying foil survival blankets. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this reminds me that it is getting near the time for 'another top ten interesting Bendzeknees/equipment questions' thread Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, you may well find that the zookeepers have more or less beaten you to it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, but they actually make up their own questions Shocked that is cheating
ski holidays
more looking for the stuff you have - wait for it - but do not carry.... reminds me, must pack bottle opener..
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
rayscoops, apparently the skiers on here are all carrying foil survival blankets. Laughing

THATS SOOO ANAL, most of 'em never leave the piste, and coming down the slopes is hardly a marathon is it ?. Also noticed a topic about " snow plough in difficult off piste conditions" WHY? If you feel you have to snowplough maybe you shouldnt be off piste ??? Shocked
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, you should read the topic, before commenting. rolling eyes

As for me, I don't leave home without a hip flask of port. Just something to warm me up when stuck behind some person who believes the offramp of a chairlift is where to stop and do up their bindings... Laughing
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, don't go there, you'll find it's skiers that stop on the off ramp. We're more of an over the brow of a hill collective. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I did, I yawned wink
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, the tiltle is a bit misleading - it had not snowed for two weeks and was not powder and the debate rages as to whether it is actually even a snow plough, more like a stem turn but possibly a jumped stem turn or a turn with one ski in the air or some other variation yet to be agreed Laughing the technicalties of skiing never ceases to amaze me and at times I do have sympathy for a skier fighting through all these terms and definitions
ski holidays
i am trying to remember the last time i saw a skier arrive off the chairlift (or boarder) - see someone sitting in their way and wait patiently for them to finish - to the point where they took out a hip flask? Razz
ski holidays
edmundf, that's cause you've not been in a resort when I've been there.
snow report
edmundf, i will now try that one out and dilly dally a bit more (even though i have my beloved Flows that allow me to whizz off even before you can say 'ski pole strap') to see if I am offered a nip of the said liquid, most appreciated it would be on a cold morning Very Happy
snow conditions
- hands over a beer - possibly the most relaxed skier in the world??
ski holidays
rayscoops, I did read the whole topic, but was just being 'facetious'. A term that applies to many a snowheads post.

Unfortunately without the winky smiley it caused offence to a member of the skiing community, for which I am deeply sorry, as we all know they never have a pop at us boarders and I have overstepped the mark ....... I have set myself 100 lines as punishment Twisted Evil

I must not goad the nice skier people
ski holidays
rayscoops, normally the nips are reserved for the chair lift, or at the bottom of a powder run...
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, you are being montored becasue of the 'boarders should pay more insurance' idea which you poo poo'd Laughing they have long memories in those argumentative sections of snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, which explains the reason for all those gloves and ski poles lying on the ground under the chair lifts Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, which explains the reason for all those gloves and ski poles lying on the ground under the chair lifts Very Happy

Of course!!.. it all becomes clear - and may explain the wobbly skiers
snow report
rayscoops, it's a technique that needs to be worked on (wrist straps on gloves help!)
snow conditions
edmundf, I did not think that a sip of the hard stuff would make you that fat wink
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, I have seen it alluded to in the bendeknees section, i think it was a topic anyway Puzzled
ski holidays
yea.. think i may be getting into the snowheads interpretations here

wobbly - meant as unstable on skis - taken as 'wobbly bits'

so hard stuff - meant as anything over 40% alcohol - taken as? Very Happy
latest report
edmundf, yip Laughing
ski holidays
edmundf wrote:
so hard stuff - meant as anything over 40% alcohol - taken as? Very Happy

My rules are:
1. Doesn't freeze when I'm carrying it.
2. Warms me up, not cools me down, even though it's cold (Port is really good for this)
3. Has a bit of flavour, not just a kick.
4. Best served on snow, not on ice. Wink

... next year we're going to do 1 flask of port and 1 of rum - we can add the rum to hot chocolate when we have a break.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
... next year we're going to do 1 flask of port and 1 of rum - we can add the rum to hot chocolate when we have a break.

It does sound like something to add to the non EDC 'NEDC?'
ski holidays
edmundf, isn't that what this thread is?
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat think it had almost strayed to the default position of 'skiers v's snowboarders' (which i am guilty of too)[/b]
snow conditions
edmundf, sorry guilty as charged ! I only take my phone, mars bar and maybe a camera so they are my EDC
The only thing I take that could be classified as a non EDC is my hair straightners , high altitude and helmets play havoc with my locks Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy