Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's up for a one day trip by overnight coach?

I would possibly be interested in doing this
Yes, almost definitely if it were a different date
28%
 28%  [ 18 ]
Yes, almost definitely if it were next season
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
I think the idea is stupid
54%
 54%  [ 35 ]
Voted : 64
Total Votes : 64

Poster: A snowHead
Ray Zorro, echoing Kruisler, I'm not sure how meaning ful the poll is without suggested dates. there will be peeps who are interested but may not be able to do specfic dates. mind you at the moment on 9 are up for it this season. how about a minibus wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 16-09-08 11:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I want to go at Easter, as initially proposed.
Ray Zorro, any possibility of this going ahead then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess this is not going to happen then... Shame..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if not this season what about next then snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is this trip still going ahead?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
who wants to take this on this season then wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm up for going, but not organising unfortunatley.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is this a proposed 'adults only' trip?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it is a non-starter. Sad

We would need at least 35 to keep the costs down and only 14 have expressed interest. To get 35 willing to go on any one Saturday, we would need a pool of 60+ committed people to draw from.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, it says family members as well
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not in the market for this, because of being out there most of the winter anyway, but having travelled by coach in the past I think it's a useful idea. However, it's a lot of travel for one day's skiing. Would a two-day weekend trip (with an overnight in some cheap valley hotel, with the coach driving up to the ski area) be better value? And I don't think I'd target Easter, because so many people have family plans then. You'd be pretty useless in the office on Monday - but when I was working we were generally expected to be back in the office after long flights, with no "recuperation time". It's a lot of work to organise though - maybe better to get a group together to negotiate a good price from someone like skiweekends.com
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Too knackering.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wasn't there a suggestion that this should evolve into 2-days skiing with a night in location?
snow conditions
Hurtle, it all depends what you normally do with your weekends, I suppose. For those of us who like being tucked up in our beds early with a leisurely breakfast around 9 am on a Sunday, yes. But there are people who regard weeked time spent sleeping as wasted. wink It also depends how good you are at sleeping on coaches.
snow report
jase2472, Yeah, but family members might mean adult brothers and sisters rather than kids!! Laughing
snow conditions
Would love it..Can't do it if it's over two days though as I have to keep my days off for proper trips!
ski holidays
Can't believe 24 people took some of their time to vote "it's a stupid idea"... rolling eyes
snow report
Megamum wrote:
jase2472, Yeah, but family members might mean adult brothers and sisters rather than kids!! Laughing

can't see why kids can't go
latest report
jase2472 wrote:
Megamum wrote:

can't see why kids can't go

Exactly!

When I started the thread, I was happy for all and sundry to go if they wanted to. Friends, relatives of any description, just to fill up the spaces on the coach.

On further thought, another difficulty I see with organising a trip like this, is collecting the cash (and even getting the initial commitment) from the high number of people required (particularly those more detached from the forum).
snow report
Ray Zorro, i can see your weakening to the idea wink
snow conditions
You gonna run with it then jase2472 ???? You could cost it up so that you got a free trip for your effort?...I'm sure no-one would mind!
snow report
Ray Zorro, I hadn't costed a coach - you clearly have - problem is the long distance involved for the alps - you could transfer the trip to that snow dome in Holland - that trip wouldn't be as long and there might be more takers.
snow report
Megamum, Now that's not a bad idea... Very Happy
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, What would the itinerary be if your destination was in Scotland Puzzled
ski holidays
don't think the idea is stupid (as I voted) just not for me
snow conditions
rich.ll, do you think there would be sufficient interest in going to Scotland? There are probably already overnight National Express busses doing that journey Confused

A problem we may have with going there would be that you wouldn't be able to guarantee conditions in advance.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro,

Quote:

do you think there would be sufficient interest in going to Scotland?

Last winter there seemed a lot of interest for Scotland. I didn't go because it seemed too far to drive for a weekend's skiing.
ski holidays
There is a sleeper train from London - Scotland, or you could just drive like we did. A really good weekend, that showed the best and worst of Scottish skiing within 24 hours!
snow report
more people think this is stupid?
latest report
chrisb wrote:

Having a poll where the only negative response is "this is stupid" will attract a lot of people clicking that. If there were an option "no thanks, not for me", then maybe less people would click "stupid".
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
Ray Zorro, I hadn't costed a coach - you clearly have - problem is the long distance involved for the alps - you could transfer the trip to that snow dome in Holland - that trip wouldn't be as long and there might be more takers.

NO NO NO NO NO

People might like it and say nice things about Holland - then there would be no stopping Stanton Laughing
latest report
joydivision wrote:
You gonna run with it then jase2472 ???? You could cost it up so that you got a free trip for your effort?...I'm sure no-one would mind!

prob better for someone who lives down south pal wink ie coventry
latest report
Elizabeth B wrote:
chrisb wrote:

Having a poll where the only negative response is "this is stupid" will attract a lot of people clicking that. If there were an option "no thanks, not for me", then maybe less people would click "stupid".

or even a poll where it was only click if interested

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 18-09-08 15:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
jase2472, I'm living in Poole at the moment....people down here say I'm a Northener! Shocked
snow conditions
joydivision, Coventry was always up north when I lived in London - when visiting the north it is down south.

We need a term which every one can understand to place it - I'm thinking something like The Midlands - you could have regional TV like Midlands Today.

I wonder whether it would ever catch on Toofy Grin
snow report
Boris, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
rich.ll wrote:
Ray Zorro,

Quote:

do you think there would be sufficient interest in going to Scotland?

Last winter there seemed a lot of interest for Scotland. I didn't go because it seemed too far to drive for a weekend's skiing.

You silly billy Wink, had a great weekend in January with Topsmoke when we drove up from Cheltenham

I was actually thinking this when I was reading through the thread, to be honest a trip to the Alps for one day seems a bit crazy and a bit far but heading to Scotland is eminently doable for a weekend, at least from as far away as Bristol/Cheltenham. When we headed back down from Cairngorm we left at around 3PM and were back in Cheltenham at around 11.00PM, the adrenaline kept us buzzing for a few days afterwards too!

In fact I liked it so much I ended up spending a few more weekends and short breaks in Scotland over the season - making a total of 9 extra days of skiing in my 35 days on snow last season snowHead
Elizabeth B wrote:
There is a sleeper train from London - Scotland, or you could just drive like we did. A really good weekend, that showed the best and worst of Scottish skiing within 24 hours!

LOL, but I loved it all Laughing Shocked rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
Why not a self-drive minibus and an extra night - you would be more likely to fill a minibus.
I'd be tempted but my wife would object (I'm already doing 3 1/2 weeks). I'm more likely to do Scotland again as my wife might like to go too (though I'd have to spend half the time with her (not skiing).

(There wasn't a "Just Possibly" button to press)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy