Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it me, but...

Poster: A snowHead
...are we all paying the price for last year's poor season in Europe with an increase in food and beer prices.

I'm not normally one to think twice about the price of food and drinks, but a few times this season I've done a double-take at prices.

Or I am just turning into an old fart...? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been to the less famous bits of Austria then?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PhillipStanton, Euro rate ain't helping Crying or Very sad Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, i'm with thefatcontroller, i think it's the exchange rate rather than prices going up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PhillipStanton, i have had a couple of you gotta be kidding me moments. 4 Euro for a half was seen more than a few times... and locally the old 5 euro pint now seems to be 6 euros....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm with Frosty the Snowman, last year in Austria I was paying 2€50 for a large beer, this year in the same place I was paying...... 2€50 for a large beer. OK the exchange rate is against us now but nothing too drastic.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was in Paris the other weekend, paid 6 Euros for a soft drink , now that is just taking the wee wee
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton, Didn't see a big change in LG last week. But did get stung €7 for a pint....but that was opposite Gare du Nord..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
now that is just taking the wee wee

That's only €1 in Megève.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
laundryman, yummy Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Prices in the Grand Marnier Bar (Val) unchanged from 2 years ago Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Their is a bar in Gay paris that charges €10 for a glass of Heiniken Shocked Prices in Austria have been about the same as last year the only diffrence is ski shops are less likley to knock off a few quid when you haggle with them for a dicsount.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Could it be that we're getting stung twice? - once through Euro price hikes in the countries - an item costing 4 Euro last year now costing 5 Euros and also the exchange rate gone ridiculous. Personally I'm now really glad I bought my skis 'cos the exchange rate's gone mental with the Swiss Franc as well. I worked out that a weeks ski hire in resort this year would be just about £80. In two weeks hire the skis will be paid for!! On reflection ski ownership is now a no-brainer. Cool snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum,

£109 for 12 days premium skis for me... thought I got a good deal at the time.

Our Swiss holiday was very cheap this time... we hired a complete chalet and eat in mostly...

We could have done even better if we had been sensible with the wine...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT, Well if yours were premiums that would appear about right I should think - the £80 for me would have been for 8 days hire. Assuming that they get most skis out at least three times in a season I should think they are onto a winner. We have an appartment in a small block of flats - one bedroom with two beds for the kids and we have a convertable sofa to sleep on, a small kitchen and bathroom/shower and that's us sorted - and we look out of the window and the slope area is right on the doorstep. Positive luxury actually as we are more used to a tent in the summer!! We self cater on what I take from the UK and slum it with tinned grub for a week, but it doesn't matter too much. I've worked it out and I think next year when my youngest needs a ski pass it will cost about £1000 for the eight days so its a fairish price for the 4 of us, but it is a special holiday.
latest report
Didn't notice much difference in Euro prices at LDA - compared to last season.
snow report
I've noticed price escalation in London due to lack of snow, although cans of de-icer are a good buy.
latest report
achilles, Its the 10% drop in the Euro rate thats the killer when you get home and get the CC bill Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Yeah but if you use your CC you get a better exchange rate than at an exchange desk and no commision Very Happy You can screw over the banks without getting screwed as long as you pay the credit card on time
ski holidays
Can't say I noticed this year - mind you, we did our main shop in Calais, bought the booze in TEsco's Calais and only had a few fresh things locally
latest report
Quote:

You can screw over the banks

Dream on....
latest report
It'll be me being an old fart then.

rolling eyesrolling eyesrolling eyesrolling eyesrolling eyesrolling eyesrolling eyesrolling eyes
snow report
Megamum,
Quote:

it will cost about £1000 for the eight days so its a fairish price for the 4 of us

booger me! With my desperately misguided attempt at getting a last minute deal for the coming weekend, I think my trip will cost that for me Shocked

Oh well, its due to dump next Tuesday Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sproggski, I think we've had a 'how little can you pay to ski' thread before, but I think sometimes people underestimate the real cost. I have not managed to ski for less than £500 per person per week yet, and when budgeting and overall figure of £800 - £1000 seems nearer the mark. Maybe I'm just extravagant, but for me having nice meals, and drinking a bit more than usual ( Shocked ) is part of the fun Laughing

We normally factor in some lessons as well, and lift passes are usually over £100 each. How anyone can ski for under £250 per person per week beats me snowHead
ski holidays
Looking at world food prices, it is not surprising that we have seen a rise on the mountain.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Wait for the increases to hit your local pub with heavy food and drink increases just being passed on to the trade, plus there's the budget next month. Sad Possibly the end of the casual evening meal out Sad
latest report
boredsurfin, That, coupled with the credit crunch and undoubted recession, is going to make for a VERY difficult year for many people.
I am already thinking of joining Megamums self catering EOSB.
ski holidays
Dollar just hit an all time low to the Euro

One Euro today is $1.50, One pound $1.98,

so a €4 pint will be $6.00 for me, ouch, anyone want to share a Waffle Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Isn't the obvious response to this thread...........no, but.......
ski holidays
€5.20 for a beer and €5 for a fanta in Serre Che last week, robbery!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy