Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

drying boots

Poster: A snowHead
Is it necessray to take out the liner everytime you want to dry a boot for storage?
I usually do this, leave them on the radiator, leave the shell next to the radiator but not too close and them put them all back after a few days.
Just wondering if this is (a) bad for the liner doing it every few weeks, and (b) whether they would dry just by putting them near the radiator for a few days?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would leave them NEXT TO the radiator for a few days. We had a client recently who left both his boots and liners on a hot radiator every night and eventually melted his liners. Muppet. If your boots have been heat moulded it is important not to subject them to too direct or high temperatures. Boot dryers/blowers are usually ok and leaving them next to or under a radiator will proomote air circulation within the liner to help dry it.

Drying the liner regularly will help increase the life-span of the liner and also stop them smelling too much.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But you always separate them or will they dry just leaving them in the shell but near radiator?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best to separate them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, Last year I separated mine after a weeks skiing and they were very damp - I thoroughly dried them a respectable distance from the radiator for nearly a week before I was happy. This year I've used my new boot drier every night after skiing for all the night and again after I got them home. Do you reckon I need to struggle the liners out and in now that I've got the drier? How good a job do they do?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well im not a zoo keeper, and im certainly not naked, but i would say the boot dryer will do the trick, especially if you used it every day whilst skiing. I dont really like taking out my liners because im not a profetional and fear i may do more damage than good Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jwhiteley1, They are such rotten things to get back in as well too!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well yeah, you cna just use brute force and ignorance to get them out, had to get one of my friends who is a v. good skier to put them back in for me, so wont be taking them out again, unless they are soaking wet the night before a powder day Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, I'm a scaredy cat skier and sometimes I cant control my .. you know ..self. When I p myself will my boots need special airing ? Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum wrote:
Last year I separated mine after a weeks skiing and they were very damp

Danger of intertrigo here Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IME even if you use a boot dryer, damp gets in between the inner and outer boot. This means you get cold feet very quickly! I was surprised when I remove my inners to see how mush damp there was. [And even more surprised to see a steel(?) shank - is this common?]

I now remove the inners half way through a weeks skiing to ensure everything is thoroughly dried out overnight.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, this is designed for wetsuits but should work OK on your boots http://www.secretspot.co.uk/catalogue/1/product668
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zebedee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zebedee, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My "new this year" boots are a translucent plastic (orange), and you can see through it well enough to see all the condensation inside - and the they get much wetter than I ever imagined they would, despite my feet being bone dry inside. This has made me much more picky about taking the liners out to let everything dry properly.
snow report
I have used my boots on three trips nnow, with a year between each.

In each case, the hotel had those boot drier racks, which the boots were left on each night (including the last night after I finished skiing).

I have never attempted to remove the liners.

I have never felt any cold or damp, and the boots don't smell when I stick my nose in them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy