Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boarder hit ice - technique?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know ice is hard to deal with at the best of times, usually if I see it I will try to go straight across it down the fall line rather than turn.
When I have hit it side on, I either have enough grip with the skis edged lots of I have been able to recover.
A boarder I was with said it wasn't so easy as when they hit it, the whole board goes out from underneath them as they only have 1 edge that they are on.
Any thoughts on technique for boarders for this and skis for that matter...?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GordonFreeman wrote:
Any thoughts on technique for boarders for this

Sit.

Reach for lighter.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex, you should have added another crucial recommendation: move to a safe location preferably in the middle of the track to avoid slipping off-piste - with a group as it adds to the feeling of safety and security.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
demos, right you are. Embarassed snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, comprex, Laughing Laughing

GordonFreeman, Good luck getting some sensible advice - somebody will come along soon !?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
THere is a desperate need on this board for a 'yawn' smiley.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's alright. I've already stretched to get my lighter. All is okay. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GordonFreeman,
It is hard - imagine trying to ski on ice on one ski and you start to get the idea!
I find that if you bend ze knees a little as soon as you hear or feel the ice then it unweights you slightly and just delays the inevitable slide long enough to get onto better snow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GordonFreeman, relax and drop . . . yeah, right, as is we're gonna do that rolling eyes but it does work as it keeps the edge engaged and you will ride through it . . . . it does need a LOT of practice and repeated hits on the same crap to get familiar with the sensation and response . . . and you need to keep practising as it's not a fixed autonomic response that's a 'learned once' requirement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy