Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for tips on Livingo is St Moritz included on six day pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
heading to livingo next week, looking for advice on where to eat, where not to etc, Also looking for info on quiter runs. One final question, is St Moritz included on six day pass and , whats involved in getting there, buses etc
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm pretty sure you could pay extra when you got the Liv pass to get a day's worth of skiing in St Moritz, or certainly a discount on a SM pass for the day.

As for getting there...we booked through one of the big tour operators, and they organised a day trip coach service for those that wanted to go - I'm sure that all the other ones will do likewise.

As for the quieter runs...in the week we were there I think the Carosello side of the valley was much less busy than the Mottolino, especially the further north you get. The off piste around there (basically in the "area" around the Costaccia restaurant) was the best I found in the resort.

My preferred apres ski bar was the Tea del Vidal, right next to the Mottolino gondola. Quiet earlier on, but gets busier and noisier quite quickly, a brilliant place to spend an evening, but bare in mind it's slightly more expensive than other bars in Livigno. Daphnes is also worth an evening.

Eating out - depends what you want. There's a restaurant / hotel at the south end of the town called "San Giovanni" - there pizzas were some of the best I have ever tasted, really, really good. There was also a fantastic fondue restaurant right in the heart of the town - can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but it was pretty well known so I'm someone will tell you.

Ed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome on board....

Livigno is great and I've been there a few times and intend to go back...folk are put off due to the long transfer, a decent book, some tunes and most bus transfers show movies so you'll be fine.

Eating ??..the Bellavista is simple but very tasty...Marcos for breakfast is nearly a must and don't forget to have dinner in Il Genocolo (spelling maybe dodgy there) but it's delicious and the frescos on the wall are class.

For quiet skiing....leave the Caroselo and head over to the Mottelino and head for the top....it's always quiet and it's a piste cruisers dream.

Unfortunately St Moritz is not on the pass...but you'll find all the tour operators are doing day trips so you can check it out that way.

Avoid the Kokodi's nightclub as it's a complete rip off...they don't take cash you have to buy a card???!!...avoid.

Make sure you have a drink in the tiny but fantastic Daphnes...in my opinion the the BEST bar in the resort.

You'll have a ball...trust me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Uncanny???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really enjoyed the skiing in the bowl off the back of the Carosello gondola, really nice on a sunny day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dublin1, the one day in St.M used to be included in the standard lift pass but now it only qualifies for a discount . . . that the reps pocket . . . . it's up to you if you want to go..
Where not to eat? . . . It's Italy fer crap'sake, if you can find somewhere that doesn't care what it gives its customers it'll not be there by the end of your vacation.
Quiet runs . . . That's a bit more difficult, it's not a big resort but because it's a bit remote it doesn't get swamped . . . so apart from the final runs into resort at the end of the day, you'll not find any part of the area that is a busy as many of the bigger resorts. Echo both eludlow and dazman

It's a place to have a 'holiday', not just somewhere to go skiing so relax and chill . . . and definitely don't go to Kokodi Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy