Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying into Munich at Easter - which is best resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked flights into Munich on the 20th of March and was wondering if anyone would be able to help us with the following:

1. Which is the best resort to go to?
2. Does anyone know of good accommodation in the resort?
3. How would we get from Munich to the resort?

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
breiffni@hotmail.com, Welcome to snowHead's

There is a list of resorts near Munich available on J2Ski others will be along shortly to give their opinions on them Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
breiffni@hotmail.com, I was looking at this a few weeks ago when I was working there, unfortunatley the times didn't really work out for me Sad

If you fly into Munich you can take the train from the airport station (S8 line) to hauptbahnhof (about 45 minutes and 8 euros). This is the central station where you can get a train to a couple of resorts. The Zugspitze train includes a day lift pass which is what I planned to do.

In answer to your questions.

1 - No idea
2 - No idea
3 - Again no idea, glad I could be of service Very Happy

I believe we have a resident snowhead in Munich who may give some better advice than I did.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am going to Garmisch/Grainau over Easter , hired a Ford focus 4days hire for approx £115 all in that is for 2 drivers , approx 5euro charge for ski rack. Lots of resorts within easy reach of Garmisch including Lermoos in austria. Garmisch or Grainau tourist office should be able to recommend accomodation. we have got a nice B&B in an old farmhouse for 80euro per night including breakfast.Hope this helps wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
breiffni@hotmail.com, welcome.

check out any resort in ski amade area of austria - currently excllent conditions here with a solid base that ain't going anywhere soon.

Most resorts (25 in all) are around 2+ hours drive from munich.

What sort of resort you looking for - piste, family, powder, snowboarding, ski in / out, apres, etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl, St Anton,
nope
hire car
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy