Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Technical ski backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone recommend a good 40-42 litre ski pack which has separate shovel pocket, ski loops for both side-carrying and cross-carrying, hydration opening, strong back support, good webbing belt (ideally with small camera pocket). Either roll-top or zip is fine. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's big for a daysack and small for on overnighter I'd say.

Have you looked up Osprey packs on their site.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ClaraB, welcome to snowheads. Can't personally recommend anything in that size but facewest.co.uk have a reasonable selection and purchases made via the "right" links (i.e. that one there) will help support snowheads
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc wrote:
That's big for a daysack and small for on overnighter I'd say.

Have you looked up Osprey packs on their site.
It's to do 6 days on the Haute Route, hence need for larger than day pack. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ClaraB, This might be worth a look. http://www.bdel.com/gear/revelation.php
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ClaraB, You need to try before you buy ! Rucksacks come in many shapes and sizes. You'll be carrying quite a weight on the Haute Route, and a poorly fitting sack will not add to your enjoyment, and may even cause you to have to abandon the attempt.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you weren't set on a hydration opening I'd recommend the Marmot La Meije - really really excellent ski touring pack IMO. Capacity is only listed as 38l but it's so well designed that I could (if I wanted to) get in the same amount of stuff as I could in a 45l pack I used to have
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look into the Arc`teryx Silo 40, it is a good backpack, well designed and comfortable. A little expensive though, but quality.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Deuter Guide 45+, couple of litres more than your original spec but very popular bag. Simple design but with all the features required for long randonees; good ski carry system, twin ice-axe holders, seperate lower compartment for sleeping bag/wet kit/randonee rodent of choice etc. As ski, said ideally you should try before buy, it's important to get a pack with dimensions that are similar to that of your torso so that weight is evenly and correctly distributed.
ski holidays
 bloxy
bloxy
Big fan of BCA packs, BCA stash is perfect for resort accessed backcountry and daily use, BCA Stash for Day trips in the backcountry. They do larger ones as well.
http://www.backcountryaccess.com/english/products/stash_packs.php
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy