Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking about getting my own skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I'm thinking abouting getting my own pair of skis. Im an intermediate who can do pretty much any on-piste run but don't go off piste often. I've been looking at the Salomon Aero GTI from decathlon http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/aero-gti-z10-package-24188235/#. Does anyone have any experience and are they worth buying?? In shop they're £179 now.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
has anyone got an oppinion on these skis, I need to make a decision before Saturday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skicrazy101, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I don't know anything about the skis you mention, but I notice that you describe yourself as an intermediate, yet decathlon describe the skis as being for expert. If it were me, I'd have a look and see what sort of price they would fetch on ebay 2nd hand. That way, if they don't suit you, you know what it'll cost you. £179 seems a very good price for a good ski and binding, so I'm guessing that it would be worth the punt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skicrazy101, Welcome to snowheads. Most snowheads will tell you to test before you buy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skicrazy101, I tried a pair of Salomon Aero GT skis on the Castleford indoor slope when Ellis Brigham were running a test session a couple of months ago. Nice enough, but nothing special was my opinion. I normally ski on Volkl AC3's (equivalent to the current AC30) and felt that the GT's didn't have the same kind of responsiveness, grip and stability. I guess the GTI's would be stiffer and more lively with more rebound.

I'd describe my level of skiing as similar or a little more advanced than yours, so I guess the question is whether the GTI's may be asking a bit much of you to get the best out of them. However, as Elizabeth B says, at £179 you probably wouldn't lose out too much if you bought them, decided you didn't like them and moved them on. Worth a punt I'd suggest.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn't buy salomon out of sheer ignorance-I just don't like the skis. Nordica Gransport 14's er.. Fischer RX6.. Dynastar contact 9's.. How heavy/tall are you?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rossfra8, When did you get back? Did you have a good time?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ickabodblue, i'm still here, it was my birthday last night so its the first days skiing i've missed due to hangover. Flatline's and Jaeger Bombs set the tone for the evening!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm 5'7" (bit of a shorty) and 11st/70kg (bit of a bloater for 5'7").
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
so should i?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skicrazy101, No.

Much more fun hiring different ones each time and you'll learn more about the different 'feel' they give.

Plus less money given to Mr. Ryan and Mr. Easy, and less aggro lugging the things around.

I have no skis, no 'quivers' no twin tips -no tips at all and I am proud of it

Very Happy snowHead

Most UK based skiers - if they were honest - would admit to only buying skis to look cool/good/flash but in reality all they do is stamp a big capital L on their foreheads Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
see if you can rent some out wherever you are going on sunday first then look at trying to buy some of the shop
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Crazy, I was on the top of the line Aero's earlier in the year and they are SEXY Very Happy Great to ski on with fantastic grip and at high speed where amazinglyl stable. But not sure about this version and what they are like. Most people will tell you to rent and I understand teh logic but at that price might be worth splasing out Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy