Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should my gloves go over my jacket sleeves or underneath?

Poster: A snowHead
I've always been confused as to whether I should tuck my gloves under my sleeves or have them over-lapped. I've seen plenty of people adopting either method, which is best?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 19-02-08 18:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It depends.
Are you using the gloves to perform rectal exams on animals at the zoo? If so, over the sleeves would be my suggestion.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, are you gay?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Over, when/if you fall the snow doesn't rush up your arm they also tend to stay in place rather than your sleeve rising up your arm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I've always been confused as to whether I should tuck my gloves under my sleeves or have them over-lapped. I've seen plenty of people adopting either method, which is best?

rolling eyes Seriously? Ok - I'll bite. wink
What type of gloves do you sport? If they are snug around your wrists - under.

If they are wide with a bungey to tighten - either way, the world is your lobster; but bear in mind if you choose under with this type then you'll have to put them on first, then your jacket to keep 'em snug up your arms - unless your jacket has enormous openings around the wrist in which case you probably want the gloves over the top to stop snow gettin' in in a wipe-out .... if you ever fall, that is Madeye-Smiley.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have they got a piece of string tying them together and threaded through the jacket arms that your mum put on to stop you losing them ? Toofy Grin

If so you may be limited on how you wear them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If you're wearing nice white "instructor" gloves with a prominent logo such as ESF, FES, EFS, SEF, SFE, SLF, ETA, FTP, FtheIRA, FtheUDF, ITPAC (& DHDCdM), DBsSITWs or DYTICUTCOABB on them then of course you wear them on the outside.

In most other cases you wear them on the inside.

(Points for working out the acronyms).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'm thinking you'd be better off with mittens.

And always put them on before you go anywhere near a computer keyboard Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You got me, gggrrrrrrrrr

Blush and Twisted Evil comments in your other herring rouge, you naughty, naughty man.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a pair of Reusch gloves that Martin Bell once wore during his downhill racing days.
So...
MY EX-WORLD CUP SKI GLOVES go over the jacket. Anything else is just wrong.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Gloves?????? real men don't use gloves and they wear gaiters and jeans Cool Fluro is where it's at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jackets should be tucked into gloves just as 'salopettes' should be tucked into socks.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I suspect that your jacket sleeves actually fasten together around the back with a couple of leather buckles, Houdini style....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gaffer tape the joint between glove and sleeve to keep the snow out.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, I thought the modern approach was to use velcro for that purpose wink
latest report
kiwi1, what real men use:

ski holidays
comprex, Still waiting for my new cert after almost 3 months. Wish I'd kept my old one up even when I wasn't shooting. There's a lovely Beretta Silver Pigeon III sporter with my eye on it... Toofy Grin
snow report
comprex wrote:
kiwi1, what real men use:

anyone can pull a 12 guage.........only real men get away with fluro Skullie Toofy Grin NehNeh
snow conditions
Gloves should never be tucked into jackets (except liners).

On the pratical side, cold air could still go up the jacket as the opening is facing the wind, on the other side it just looks rubbish!

Just do the jacket cuffs up and have the gloves over the jacket, job done.
ski holidays
Saloppettes should always be inside teh boots. This helps to eliminate any slight heel lift and saves time when you are tightening your boots up between runs (no pain no gain). wink
latest report
I do wear socks on the outside of my boots though, can't get them scratched!!
snow conditions
Not sure about gloves but underpants should always be worn on the outside of one one piece suits / fartbags.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy