Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very Cold Hands - Need New Gloves/Ideas

Poster: A snowHead
nbt, and I deleted one of them, but there was no link there. I don't think they have worked out how to post one. it said [url[url][/url] or something similar.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wear fleece gloves and mittens over the top - keeps me very warm. If I wear gloves my hands get so cold, but mittens work a treat!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I HATE cold hands and have tried numerous different types. Last year I got a pair of Gordini (some else mentioned them earlier) mittens which use Goose down (Da Gore Goose II mitt). At £80 they are not cheap, but they are by far the warmest mittens I have worn, and for me, warm hands are worth every penny! Smile

I went into Snow and Rock to buy a pair for my wife as a Christmas present, but apparently all the stores are sold out, so obviously other people agree!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think this thread was worth resurrecting. I bought some heated gloves in Maplins' sale last year, but the battery pack's quite big (3xAAA), they don't get terribly warm & the batteries need recharging after only a couple of hours. My sister and I both have a tendency to dead fingers (Reynaud's) so I have been looking at the options. As a poster earlier here pointed out, most mitts have inner gloves built in and they felt quite restrictive when I tried them on. Those who use mittens with silk gloves - what features do you specifically look for in the mitts? I went into TKMaxx in Doncaster today and they had none in my size, only XXL and Small.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Funnily enough I've recently researched this area. Most heated gloves seem to come with bulky/heavy dry cell battery packs.

These WarmThru glove liners use lightweight and compact lithium ion battery packs, and because they're liners you can use them with any gloves you like.

http://www.warmthru.com/gloveliners/gloveliners-wt.html

Buy 'em on Amazon for under 90 quid here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
maplins do heated ski gloves, with built in battery packs and even when the electric system is turned off the gloves are quite good anyway.All this for a hefty £15,00
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
karenhenry, black diamond guide glove......

okbye
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skidmarks, those are the ones I bought in last year's sale for about £10. They're not that good.

crosbie, they look good, but pricey. I see that the Amazon offer includes some overgloves and the batteries that have on/off switch, but the standard version from Warmthru only includes batteries with no on/off switch. As I see it that's an essential as you don't want to be wasting any of the 3-4 hour charge time before you need it. Their HotMitts are advertised as reaching 70 degrees C. Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a similar problem last season, new pair of The North Face - Patrol Glove II solved my problem, hands now warmer than a fat bloke's sweaty bits!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I use Burton Oven Mitts when its cold. Its a full down snowboarding mitt. The tag line on them was "if your hands get cold in these, you might want to check your pulse"!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Level Radiators are about as good as it gets
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have bad circulation in my hands aswell, in my case due to the tiny bloodevessels in my fingers being shattered (apparantly). My hands get quite stiff when the temperature is below 10 degrees C.
I've got a pair of Reusch gloves (Race something or other) which have kept my hands nice and toasty the past 5 years (about 15 weeks of skiing), also baught a pair of Thinsulate inner gloves at the same time to wear under the Reusch but have hardly used them on account of being too warm. Don't know if their gloves are still as good as they used to be, but mine are great.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
These seem fairly warm - not sure if they available in the UK (I'm in Canada)

http://www.cloudveil.com/mens/gloves/insulated/down+patrol+mitt--CV09300/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
one word answer

Dachstein
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marino wool is the answer to cold and I think you can get marino wool glove liners now!!! (i'm on the look out!!!)

I also suffer from cold feet and hands, and i'm on the mountain 8 hours per day most days of the season so i've tried alot of gloves, mits etc. my best advice is mits with marino wool liners...this will be my new solution for this season!!! I'm also not shy of wearing 2 or 3 layers on my hands when its really cold!!

I agree with the comments on core body temp and again don't be shy to wear a few layers....I'm not usually seen with less than 5 layers including my ski jacket!! thats a base (helly hanson or north face best), marino wool layer, mid layer, primaloft, ski jacket. and termals bottoms can be layered to!!!!

Hope that helps you keep warm and if your cold when your out swing your arms to bring the blood back to your hands!!! looks strange but works!!!
snow conditions
Mitts and inner gloves- or rater two pairs of mitts. Wear one- keep a pair inside your jacket- when your hands get cold swap and repeat- the gloves you put on are always warm. This was a trick taught me by Terry Taylor- a now retired mountain guide who spent all winter ice climbing- and got his hands very cold daily- this really works well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy