Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British schoolboy killed in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One for el hen:

Quote:
A British boy has died while on a school skiing trip in southern Austria.

Hayden Waller was a pupil at The Howard School in Gillingham, Kent.

The 12-year-old was trekking with classmates through a forested area near Mallnitz in the southern province of Carinthia on Monday, when he lost his footing and fell about 30 feet. He died instantly.

Local police spokesman Herbert Rud said: "There were four boys aged between 12 and 14 who tried to reach a hut from which you have a very good view of the area.

"Unfortunately they did not use the path, but went across the open area, and they found that the ground got steeper and steeper and stonier and stonier.

"They had not quite reached the hut when they decided to go back down, but two of them fell. One was killed and the other slightly injured," Mr Rud said.

One of the students ran down the hillside and told a passer-by what had happened.

Emergency services and a rescue helicopter attended, but found the boy dead.

Paul Morris, his headmaster at The Howard School, said: "I would like to send my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Hayden Waller.

"Everyone connected with the school is completely devastated.

"Staff are comforting the other pupils on the trip and we are arranging for them to return home as soon as possible."

© Independent Television News Limited 2008. All rights reserved.

Source: http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/British-schoolboy-killed-in-fall.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No doubt this will be used as another reason to ban school trips on the ground of health and safety.

It looks as if this was a tragic accident, which you can't legislate against.

My sympathies to the family
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is too soon to prejudge this sad case.

I am not sure you can simply dismiss it as one of those things. A fuller report may shed more light.

Teachers are in loco parentis.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo, another report suggested that the parents were on the trip, in which case the teachers wouldn't have been loco parentis.

Very sad news though Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The kids were out during their 'free time', according to the news report. You can't be watching them during every waking moment - how would you feel if someone did that to you?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's very sad, but these things happen unfortunately. The mother has been quoted as saying she doesn't hold anyone responsible. It could have happened at home.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, sounds like the sort of nitwit thing we all did, and generally neglected to mention to the people in charge. But you don't always get away with it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy