Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Richmond, We've been to Arabba two out of last 3 years at half term and both times arranged the trip ourselves and it's worked out quite a bit cheaper. Hotel Malita and Hotel Mesdi both very good. There's quite a bit of serious off-piste from midly challenging to really gnarly stuff. I have an excellent book on the subject (English / Italian with good maps / diagrams and photos).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richmond wrote:
Seriously considering visiting Arabba next season (have to plan ahead for school hols, you know). I've looked at the current Dolomiti thread. Can anyone help with the following questions?

1. We are 2 adults looking for interesting pistes, no significant off piste, and 2 (by then 14 yo) kids looking for challenges on and off piste. Shall we like Arabba?

2. Is the grub on the slopes as good as you would hope in Italy?

3. Is the town a pleasant place? What are the restaurants like?

4. Anything known about a company called Colletts who offer chalet, hotel (I think) and S/C accomodation in Arabba? They write a good brochure and web site and seem very helpful, but a first hand report would be welcome.

5. We shall probably have to go at Feb half term, but Xmas or Easter hols a possibility due to kids' other skiing comittments. How would the area be at Xmas and Easter?

6. Anything else we should know?

Thanks.
Hi from Italy. I am Fabio and I love Dolomites and in particular Arabba - Malga Ciapela resort.
1. Arabba has many interesting slopes, on portavescovo side there are the slope Fodoma and Ornella that are very steep and always with good snow.
2. slopes are usually perfect
3. the town is less charmy than canazei or corvara Sad
4. no
5. for easter thanks to its exposition and altitude arabba is one of the best resort in dolomites
6. from arabba you can go to ski in Marmolada glacier by taking few lift. Marmolada is the highest peak in Dolomites.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fabioski, welcome to SnowHeads
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two circuits pass through Arabba.

The Sella Ronda and the World War I skiing tour.

The former goes through Canazei, Selva and Alta Badia and is 100% skiing all the time. It can be done in two directions

The latter passes through Civetta, bit of Cortina and Alta Badia with the Hidden Valley thrown in. This circuit is unidirectional and involves two bus rides each 15 km long.

Fantastic skiing experience in both but a wrong place for night activities and apres (so is every Italian resort)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
saikee, Good apres at the Rif Burz just above Arabba (pole dancing on Fridays) but as you say very quiet at night which suits me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are great fans of the ski Dolomiti, 1200km pisted slopes on one ski pass. There are some great runs in and around Arabba. You need a guide to go off-piste, the Val Nesti is a classic. The Selle Ronda is a great day out and a classic that any skier should have on their 'bucket-list'.

Colletts are great - they will collect you from Venice, so no worries there. The staff are absolute sweethearts, enthusiastic and helpful young people who are a great credit to the company. Food in their catered chalets is first-rate. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Food on the mountain in Italy seems to be of invariably good quality.

Hope this helps
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dsoutar wrote:
There's quite a bit of serious off-piste from midly challenging to really gnarly stuff. I have an excellent book on the subject (English / Italian with good maps / diagrams and photos).

We have done a fair amount of it but I didn't know there was a book. Can you give me details. Thanks.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The most recent book is this:
Francesco Tremolada, Freeride in Dolomiti (new version). It has both italian and english language. Other informations, if you understand a little italian, here: http://news.skiforum.it/176/freeride/guida-freeride-in-dolomiti-tremolada/

Ciao
The best tracks are on Marmolada!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy