Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmisch/Grainau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi , booked for a long w/end in Grainau over easter , anybody stayed there before can recommend places to see/do , apart from ski of course Very Happy , thanks G
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easter is quite early this year, so not sure whether it will be open, but if it is then the Partnachklamm is well worth walking up. It's a deep gorge through which the Partnach river flows.
It's worthwhile just going up to the Zugspitze to take in the views from the top. The cable car from Eibsee is pretty amazing, and the one from the Austrian side in Ehrwald is no less amazing.
Go to the top of the new ski jump and look down in amazement that anyone would be crazy enough to slide down that Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in Grainau over Christmas/New Years 2006/07. The town is dead, absolutely nothing going on. I believe the bus runs to Garmisch until around 8:00 PM, the Zugspitzebahn train also runs during the day, and there are normal trains that also run. Check the timetables. A taxi home late from Garmisch isn't too expensive, either.

There are some great restaurants in Garmisch; Grainau not so much (apart from the Eibsee Hotel, see below).

The Eibsee is beautiful, as is the hotel on its shore. Spend some time looking around there after having taken the cable car down from the Zugspitze. There is also a cozy little apres hut there (Eibseehütte).

Ski in Lermoos, Austria for at least one day. It is very good. Berwang also has some good runs, and you can get off the train in Bichelbach and walk right onto the lift. There is some really nice skiing in that area, but you need to ski the region (all included on the multi-day pass), not just Garmisch and Zugspitze.

For 'other activities', a trip out to the Ettal Monestary and Oberammergau is worthwhile. Very beautiful. Mittenwald is also a very nice village to look around, and again has some fantastic traditional restaurants. The cable car up the fumble mountain (yes, it is called that) will also be open for Easter, and I can recommend walking around up there a bit (and it's included on your lift ticket).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for all the info , we will have a car so getting around shouldn't be a problem , how long do you think it would take to drive to lermoos & is it well signposted?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gary2474, Lermoos is about 15-20 minutes drive. No problem. I often drive over there ( to Ehrwald) if I see that the Eibsee Zugspitz cable is busy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy