Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan Peisey questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have a couple of questions as we are getting ready to head out to Plan Peisey for the first time this Saturday...

We are arriving on the Eurostar at Bourg on Saturday (18.20 I think) and need to get up to Plan Peisey. Will we be able to get a taxi fairly easily or should we book one in advance? Any advice would be welcome. Also if anyone has any idea of how much we should expect to pay, that would be great.

Secondly, lessons. The wife and I are reasonably experienced but would like to book a couple of private lessons, and we have a friend who will be on her 4th week and may prefer group lessons. I've heard good things on this site about New Generation in Vallandry, but will that be too far from where we are staying? Our chalet is at the far end of Plan Peisey, near La Vache by the look of the map we have. Is there a shuttle bus?
Any other advice/tips would be very welcome!

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gerard McNeely, Welcome to snowHead

Lucky you - you'll have a great time. Check with eurostar, but last time we went with them, the train actually stopped at Landry - the stop before Bourg. This cuts about 10km off the taxi trip up the hill. We always pre-book a taxi, following a bad incident one night when we were overnighting in landry (our apartment being full untill the next day). We use Viva taxis - I can let you have their email when I get home later. Its usually about 30euros (or was last year). You will have to return to Bourg to go through all the passport stuff on your return trip.

Those chalets look lovely & la Vache is good. There is a shuttle bus that runs regularly to Vallandry - about 15min downhill walk from where you are staying. For private lessons - i would recommend Fred Pouye at ESF Plan Peisey. He's become a great friend of ours over the years & is a fantastic instructor.

Let me know if you need any other details - we have an apartment in Plan Peisey & go there as often as we can Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the train stops at Landry thats Much closer (between Moutiers and Bourg) but you will need to book a taxi - about 20mins up to the resort, it more like 30 from Bourg. The Peisey taxi service is very good look at the Services button -> Taxis on the Peisey website. Under Navettes there is also info on the bus from Landry to Peisey but it mightn't suit your train times.

Ski school- its no great challenge to go up the 6man from Peisey and down the blues to Vallandry - about 15 -20 mins for a slow skier, 10 mins for a quick skier. You can walk to Vallandry or hop onto the bus but skiing seems so much easier! Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geri,

Thanks for your help. If you could me have the taxi company's email address that would be great!

Martin Nicholas

Sounds like skiing to Vallandry should be doable. Thanks for your help!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gerard McNeely,

Hi Gerard - we're going out to Vallandry at Easter and I've just booked a taxi with Viva - email Viva-taxis@wanadoo.fr I was dealing with Lucette who seems to think that most of hte TGVs stop at Landry.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It looks like the TGV stops at Landry but not so sure about the Eurostar - this is the direct Saturday train from St Pancras. If anyone has done it recently and knows then I'd be grateful if they could let me know.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gerard McNeely, I know for sure it did a couple of years ago - but worth checking, either with eurostar, or I'm sure Lucette at Viva taxies will know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easy walk between Peisey and Vallandry

THoroughly recommend New Gen for lessons
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geri, I think I run the risk of hi-jacking this thread but I was wanting to take advantage of your seemingly vast knowledge of the trains Toofy Grin You mention that
Quote:

You will have to return to Bourg to go through all the passport stuff on your return trip.

Do you know if this would be true if travelling only to Paris, rather than direct to London? We are planning to return via Landry, although tickets are booked to BSM, becase it's easier for the taxi but are going to Paris, then crossing to get a London train.
Many thanks
Sarah
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smwbounce, I wouldnt describe my knowledge of the trains as vast, we've just used them a few times. My guess is that if it is an SNCF train going to Paris & not the direct Eurostar, you should be alright getting on at Landry. Not done it myself though, as it has previously been a direct train that I've caught. However, in March, we change in Paris - when are you goig - perhaps you could let me know if it works?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geri, We're going right at end of March - 29th to 5th April. changing in Paris both ways. I imagine you'll be there before us. Like you say though, if the train's going to Paris then there's no need for any passport stuff. I think I was being a bit thick, not uncommon Embarassed
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gerard McNeely, did you get a taxi? I tried to get one for this Saturday (to go to Tignes) and found the all the ones the Tourist Office told me about were booked up (because it is the start of Paris school holidays). And this was 2 months ago!!! I finally got one through our guide.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball, we have sent an email to the taxi company but are waiting to hear back. We may just have to risk it. As an alternative, some of our friends are flying and hiring a car, so I guess we could always get them to pick us up if we get desperate!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy