Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu & Grandvalira - Is a beginner's pass enough

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. My first post is a question that I can't find the answer to by searching.
I'm going to Soldeu with my daughter who'll have a beginner's pass. Hopefully she'll be halfway competent by the end of the week. The question is... will she have enough to do there on a beginner's pass? The Grandvalira website makes it sound like it covers all the resorts beginners areas - yes? So should I take her to different parts of Grandvalira? Or upgrade her to a full pass for a day? And anyone know whether the runs down to Soldeu or El Tartar are currently usable all the way to the village?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there is only one pass now pal that covers the whole area
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bh, if I remember rightly the beginners pass covers only your particular sector, in your case Soldeu/Tarter. If she wants to ski any other part of Grandvalira she would need the full lift pass. The beginners we went with stayed on the beginners lift pass all week as the Soldeu/Tarter area was large enough for them but they were told they could get one day extensions if they wanted to branch out further.

Best fun we had was in the Grau Roig sector by the way, hope you have a great time and great snow snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bh,

The Grandvalira website seems to suggest that the beginners pass doesn't cover the Soldeu/El Tarter sectors at all and only a limited section of the former Pas de la Casa sectors. If you're staying in Soldeu, it may not be for you.

On the other hand, if snowshine is right about the ski pass, then Soldeu/El Tarter has loads of skiing to keep any beginner happy. I'd also concur that Grau Roig has some of the nicest skiing, but getting there and back is probably too big of a stretch for a beginner.

Website shows blue runs to village as open and it's generally accurate. The village is at 1800m so the village runs are generally reliable in February. I don't know what the snow conditions are like.

Skibb
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone!
She's getting whatever pass comes with the Crystal package for Soldeu so maybe that'll be a more full pass than I was expecting. I'll see what I find but it sounds like I won't have to plan too hard. I'm discovering more depths to that Grandvalira website too.

And the forecast looks pretty good... as long as the heat doesn't turn the lovely forecast snow to ice! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi bh,

I hope this doesn't confuse matters but I have received an email from TUI (I sent the question to Crystal) saying that 'the First time Ski package includes a beginners Lift Pass whereas for the Improver pack a Full Lift Pass is included.' They didn't actually say what the beginners pass covered..!

If snowshire is right about the beginners pass covering the whole of the Soldeu / El Tartar area, then I'd agree that there's plenty there for beginners. I went with a beginner (plough turns sort of level) two years ago and don't think we left the Soldeu / El Tarter sector.

Hope this helps Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back.
Snowshine remembered it right.
Beginners get their sector (Soldeu/El Tartar in our case, which is plenty for a beginner), and the near absence of black slopes mean that there isn't a large number of speeding skiers to watch out for.
Improvers get the whole of GrandValira, and after morning lessons you really have to shift to get to Pas and back before the lifts close.
So it was plenty big enough for both of us. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy