Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you get a cheap lunch in Courchevel 1650 & 1850 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When my son and I go away we are not into big restaurant lunches with wine, we just want something cheap, tasty and filling. In Les Deux Alpes we often eat in the fast food outlet near Le Cret, and in Val D'Isere we thought the fast food outlet at the back of the Quicksilver shop in the middle of town was excellent value.

Apologies if we don't sound too cultured but it suits us.

So, we are staying in Courchevel 1650 and I'm sure we will stray into 1850 as well.

Where would you recommend to us for lunch ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not at the same time. wink

Sorry - I don't know the answer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeh, there is a sandwich shop just inside the forum, slightly up hill and on skiers left of the gondola entrances at 1850.

Also skiers left in 1850, drop underneath the gondolas on the run down to 1650 and there is a restaurant on the lhs that is cheaper than others, all the ski schools seemed to take the kids there for a hot chocolate etc.

regards,

Greg
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this was discussed a while back, try doing a search.. there where lots of good suggestions. snowHead

bubble bar in 1650 for panninis
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a shop in the Forum at 1850 which does sandwiches and toasted paninis for 4€ or so. I've often used that for a cheap, light lunch. Kalico, on the piste just underneath the bridge at 1850 is also reasonable value for money in 1850 if you want to sit down for a pizza.

In 1650 Le Jump bar does sandwiches and similar IIRC. Le Petite Savoyarde restaurant is a nice place for good value pizza in pleasant surroundings.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got back from 1650. There's a restaurant with a take away attached(called white bear or something like that, orange signs, can't miss it) at the bottom of the slopes at 1650 selling panini's, burgers and chips etc. They don't seem to mind you buying a drink in the cafe and then sitting down to eat their take-away stuff at a table. But there's not much else we found that's cheap. We tended to buy food in the spar shop around the corner and have a picnic up the mountain somewhere.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
These links should have all you need....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=800361&highlight=courchevel+1850+lunch#800361

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=840589&highlight=courchevel+1850+lunch#840589
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're in 1850 it's easy enough to drop down to 1550, which is generally cheaper. There's a creperie near the bottom of the gondola back up to 1850 which is good value.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy