Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort radio stations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any particular radio stations they listen to. I was thinking about this in another thread as I've emailed my son to relay to me the weather/conditions update for Val d'Isere. We alweays tune into Radio Val because they play good music and there aren't too many interuptions. You can get it throughout the Tarentaise valley on 96.100FM and there's a conditions bulletin every morning.
Another one that's not bad is radio Meribel on 97.90FM, we also tune to them when we lose the Radio Val signal somewhere between BSM and Moutiers.
Our own station, Radio La Rosiere is good for Simon Atkinson's weather and pisite reports at 08.20, you also get direct reports from the pistuers at about 08.00. However because it'ss linked to radio Nostalgie you tend to get an overdose of Elton John and Phil Collins, alright if you're a fan I suppose but it does get a bit repetious.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 27-11-04 11:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For news and current affairs, BBC World Service - on short wave. Frequencies are bit complicated and change throughout the day and you really need a digital display radio to be sure you've got it right. You might also want a bit of wire dangling out of the window for best reception. Here are the Hz for West & SouthWest Europe. The old 'slider style' tuners are pretty hopeless for finding a short wave station.

Some parts of France you can get BBC Radio 4 on Long Wave 198m. Handy for Archers fans. And MW on 648 kHz is possible during daylight hours only.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Radio Courchevel (http://www.radiocourchevel.com/) isn't bad. Useful piste and weather info in English every 15 minutes between 8am and 9am, and the music choice isn't offensively bad.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes a second vote for Radio Val (or whatever it is called?), we had that on during our stay last season and it was really good. Play really good tunes and no europop!! Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy