Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any experience of Praz de Lys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going over to the Praz de Lys/Sommand area in the next few days; is anyone there at the moment and if so, is it very busy or nice and quiet? Or has anyone who has been there in the past got any tips about where is nice to ski and eat? Many thanks in advance for any ideas and recommendations.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I go here quite often as my parents have a place nearby. The skiing is cheap and there is enough to keep you interested for a day or 2. There is also Les Gets which is only a 15 mins by car down the mountain. How good a skier are you? Eating there is a place by the main lift can Jean De la Pipe which is pretty good, do a menu skieur for about 17 euros, 3 courses served on 1 tray. You get soup or salad, a choice of main and the tart of the day. It can get busy here at lunchtime, full menu available as well. Over at Sommand there is a couple of places by the main lift. My father says the one on the left looking to the car park does a good plate du jour. Praz de Lys for some reason gets a lot of snow and has one of the best views of Mont Blanc in the area. I think it will be busy at the moment with the school holidays but will quieter than the big resorts as this is mainly a place the French use.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only having been there briefly in the summer, was under the impression that was mainly a cross-country resort so interested to know more too Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
muzza77, thank you for all this helpful info. We may go tomorrow so will definitely take note of your recommendations and report back, as it is not on the resort list so far.
Lou, it is indeed a big cross country skiing area, but there are also lots of reds and blues as well as a couple of blacks so we will try it out!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
by chance I was in Pras sur Lys today. Here are some photos of the skiing

very noisy resort with a loud speaker with some guy yacking ruining the peace of the mountains... more ambiance "straits of Taiwan" than Chablais.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lovely pics, thanks davidof, hope he's gone home today...we're off shortly, will report later.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy