Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I don't do Polymers, OK?

Poster: A snowHead
For reasons personal to myself and friends i am no longer working for 'Footworks' Chamonix. I am however still in the town of Chamonix and am keen to work to service the needs of those requiring my particular 'SKOOL' of 'Bootfitting. At the moment i have 'Leave' to refocus and assess my work. I have become obsessed by my work and as a result no longer wish to ski as an escape from my job. It has been 12 long years dedicated to finding out whether i can untangle the mess the industry makes of something as simple as the enjoyment of sliding across snow. As a result, and given a combination of factors, for the unseen future, i am professionally unemployed. This does not however mean i wish my clients to go elsewhere. In the last 5 years, i have focused my energy on tutoring and training a group of like minded people to achieve the same high standards 'Footworks' has always strived to attain. Simply this means, Seb, Angus and John are there for you, with the best range of products and a similar way of approaching their work that has always been the philosophy of 'Footworks'. We are and will continue to be involved with design and production of ski boots. It is still our passion and will always be our passion, but for now, i must take a break. For those of you with appointments to see me, i will still stand by them and look forward to working with you.

Fish, wibble and a big fat COCK.

Steve.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Lordy, lordy,

Do you need beer?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, all the best for your "relaxing" future.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Relax & put your feet up for a bit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, time to get those skis on then.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Shocked
Bad day in the 'office' then Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, far out. You've caught me out with hoaxes a couple of times lately but I think this is for real. (?)

Assuming that it is, good luck with everything.

ps: for purely selfish reasons, does this mean that we might see you at the MSB or EoSB? There was no way I could get to Chamonix this season to get your expert eye on the boots that put me through hell.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good luck - I'll think of you everytime I pick up my boot bag and look trendy on the slopes snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Shocked Shocked Shocked

Good luck on whatever venture you're on next ! Very Happy

Oh well, I guess that now makes CEM my favourite bootfitter Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You guys will love the book, mind you, there are a few that wont. God bless you all. Good luck to those who need my mind to do the thinking to do their jobs. I'm going to chill, giggle, sit back and watch. This is going to be fun. Remember, this isn't football, the old boys can still come back and kick your ass if you don't understand the physics.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be at the ESOB with NZK, someone's got to keep the beers cold.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd like to thank you on behalf of me and my daughter. We came all the way to chamonix to see you to fix our problems. Skiing is now a pain free pleasure for both and its great to see her really enjoy the sport. Thanks to you Steve. Sometimes when one does something one is really good at for a while one becomes jaded. Off you go and forget about snow for a while and recharge the batteries. perhaps its time to do things purely for you for a while. Good Luck!! Ian and Kirsty
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Best news tonight Very Happy Very Happy

Can I book a cuddle please?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, the first cold one is on me. Gobsmacked, but will be eternally grateful for my booties.xxx
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum wrote:
Quote:

Best news tonight Very Happy Very Happy

Can I book a cuddle please?

ditto that Blush
snow report
mij, Kirsty was one of my happiest moments, major problem, quickly dispensed. Happy days. I shocked myself. (SMUG PAT ON MY BACK.)
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, time to get those skis on then.

He will have to learn first.

Laughing
ski holidays
davidof, Christ, if i had learned to ski, then i reckon i could have lasted the distance.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, plenty more fish in the sea Toofy Grin
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, WTF? whatever..I'm easily led....what did you do Shocked
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
It has been 12 long years dedicated to finding out whether i can untangle the mess the industry makes of something as simple as the enjoyment of sliding across snow.

I'm told that this mess has actually existed for 4000 years. One of the skis ended up in a peat bog in Sweden, which is a fat lot of use.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, all the best for whatever you decide to do in the future.

And above all, be happy Very Happy Cool
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Slacker...!!!! what you gonna do in Chamonix with no f****** job...???? wink Laughing
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, the first cold one is on me. Gobsmacked, but will be eternally grateful for my booties.xxx

See me for the second one Steve. Thought-wise, ditto wot FtS said. And enjoy the break!
ski holidays
JT, Might well come over and mess up some SH's trip to La Grave. wink
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If this is serious - can't help noticing it was posted within drinking hours, although it seems remarkably coherent apart from the last bit - I wish you all the very best. I went off to do something completely different after 17 years in my first job and it was the best thing I ever did. There's a world out there - go out and enjoy it! Toofy Grin
latest report
Hurtle, I thought it was common knowledge, i'd made it clear for a few weeks i was looking for an out. Then last night i got a SH confirming an appointment i wasn't sure i could keep. Thought i had best make things clear, albeit things are a clear as mud to me at the moment. Enough for now i'm off on a rando.
snow conditions
good on you, doing what is best for you........funny how your "free" time has suddenly increased with some storms on the horizon Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep..time off in Chamonix and you can afford to wait out a storm or two... !!

SZK, I'll have a word with the lads but I'll expect they'll say you'll be better off in Wengen... wink

But good luck in your search and thanx again for the boots...
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, about time too you whining git. you can come and stay with us now...
snow conditions
JT wrote:

SZK, I'll have a word with the lads but I'll expect they'll say you'll be better off in Wengen... wink .

LMAO Laughing Laughing
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, it's taken me 20 years and a couple of breakdowns to do what you are doing after 12. Good luck and I hope all turns out well. Strangely, I feel excited rather than anxious given the amount of money that leaves my account each month for the Mortgage and other bills. I still don't know what I am finally going to do!

Again, good luck and I wish you every success!!!

Very Happy
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Good luck in whatever you choose to do. And thanks for all your help 18 months ago at Lockwoods. The boots are still great and the Axsette's still think you're CUTE Laughing

Sincerely - all the best for whatever path you take. Very Happy
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Hurtle, I thought it was common knowledge, i'd made it clear for a few weeks i was looking for an out. Then last night i got a SH confirming an appointment i wasn't sure i could keep. Thought i had best make things clear, albeit things are a clear as mud to me at the moment. Enough for now i'm off on a rando.

Not common knowledge for me at least Wink

Hope you will stay 'around' with your excelent and humourous expertise. Best of luck with the life after Footworks Smile
snow conditions
Ronald, I was just arriving here to say the same thing - SZK I also hope that you will stick around on Snowheads snowHead snowHead
latest report
SZK I have a sausage making machine that you are welcome to "play" with if you're at a loose end... wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy