Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midweek-to mid-week in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flights mid-week tend to be cheaper. Any experiences of booking accomodation in french resorts mid-week to mid-week? a lot of the resort brochures price the self-catering weekly Sat-Sat. so i am not sure if they can handle someone arrving mid-week or not staying a week.

I guess you could hotel....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know that Astrid Immobilier in Flaine will do thursday to Monday in January (20th to 24th) because I've just booked! The price is pro rata on what's available for a week. They speak good English. They are also flexible about arrival times leaving bedding in the apartment and keys in a bar for out of office hours. But N.B. the above flexibility does not extend to high season. Last winter I went into the rental shop with my friend who had already booked flights for February from Friday to Monday and was told in no uncertain terms that this was not possible without booking two weeks or sorting out accomodation for the Friday night separately. Call +33 4 50 90 86 41. Sandrine is very helpful. Cost for the above for a four person apartment is 222 Euros plus 16 Euro booking fee and 16 Euro damage insurance.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SussexSnow, I'm doing Thursday flights to/from Chambery. 3rd week in January. About 1/2 price of w/end travel and hopefully congestion free. According to Flying Squirrel who's based in Les Arcs there is no way you will get self catering apartments anything other than Sat-Sat. But I'm having some success with a hotel, and the single supplement is also manageable. Lot depends on whether it's a peak period or not. Away from half terms and high days and holidays, most hotels will accept unusual days of arrival / departure.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sussexsnow, just about everyone prices Sat to Sat, however in Jan you should be able to get a room virtually anywhere. Apart from the last week of jan we could fit you anytime at a pro-rata rate to our weekly price. You would have to meet the cost of a transfer, depending on airport. PM me if you need more details.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Sussex Snow,

I have direct contacts with a small group of property owners who are able to offer their apartments midweek/midweek. I saw on the easyjet site this morning Fri/Fri in March, Stanstead to Grenoble for under £50 return.

I'm based in Alpe d'Huez, so if this might be of interest PM me!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies and the insights and the contacts

I figured off-season might be more fruitful. Work is blocking out much of January so I think I have to look to one of the quieter March weeks. Off to consult the French schools holiday timetable, now
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy