Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti superski

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a fantastic week in Selva, trip report to come... but in the meantime you can plug my liftpass number: 101/05733 into the Dolomiti Superski 'Performance Checker' here.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hoppo, Interesting reading Smile

Easy first day, hit it big time 2nd day, then you got knackered and went downhill the rest of the week Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bones, we did ski a lot on the second day - but really we were on a plateau for the rest of the week, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, I only did 139km (203/33784) but every one of them was wonderful. Great to meet up with Hoppo and Sharon. Great week. More detail follows when I am not suffering from a 3 am start!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris, great to meet up with you after all these years snowHead Certainly was an excellent week, would it be immoral to keep the Dolomites secret? Toofy Grin

I'm working my way through my photos at the moment - could be gone quite some time...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hoppo wrote:
...would it be immoral to keep the Dolomites secret? Toofy Grin

No! I'm with you on that one. Most snowHead (and Brits in general) seem to think that skiing begins and ends in France, with occasional forays int Austria/Switzerland, that'll do for me. Keep it to ourselves guys Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Dolomiti computer just had a recount. Done 140km now!

Will be composing in-depth expose of Dolomites nihghtmare and TO hopelessness later today. Wall to wall sunshine and perfect snow horror! New entry in my "top-ten most beautiful places on the planet I have seen" (and I've seen quite a few) shocker.

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bev has just told me that she took the poster I scrounged from the Tourist Office to show a friend with a place in Chatel. She wants to see more!

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just noticed that my last posting has put itself above an thread entitled "It's not ******ing Courcheval". Quite so!

For one thing our bill at Colfosco for a modest but decent lunch with drinks for the three of us came to €30. Just about enough for the drinks at the place with the heart of a horse.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D.G.Orf, Frosty the Snowman, David@traxvax, etc etc

Your place took a hell of a beating!

snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got back from Corvara last night. A wonderful week of wall to wall sunshine. Absolutely loved doing the Hidden Valley. My Dolomiti Skipass shows 130 km.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where did you all stay was the hotel good, as we want to go there at the end of june walking but don't know where to base ourselves we were thinking of colfosco ortisei or corvara, we want a pretty little town with good access to the lifts and nowhere too quiet as we like the idea of sitting outside a few little bars watching the world go by. We also don't know whether to do a DIY or a package are the best airports Innsbruck and venice for the shortest transfers? Any advice greatly appreciated as I haven't got a clue where to start. i have a list of hotels that all get good reviews on trip advisor but still confused as I don't know their exact location ie is it good or not!

hotel rainell in ortisei

hotel grien in ortisei

hotel genziana in ortisei

hotel piciuel in ortisei

sport hotel arabba

hotel garni delta in colfosco

any experience of any of these?

thanks

andy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andyarmitage, I've got my eye on this place in Arraba for next year. I think a SnowHead has stayed here already .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Thanks for that it looks good and it seems really well priced, we want a good standard of hotel but nothing overly expensive as if we do a DIY job it all mounts up what with car hire etc, is arraba a good base or is it too quiet ie no bars etc, also if we fly to venice marco polo where is the best value car hire as i presume we would have to hire a car although we probably won't use it when we get there!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Bish, Of course they "took one helluva beating", different leagues!!!!

I am back there mid March, it really is stunning scenery and IMO ranks alongside Zermatt, skiing not as tough as its Swiss counterpart but far more convenient to actually get onto the slopes.

Looking forward to the photos, please. snowHead
snow report
andyarmitage, no direct experience of those hotels... but Ortisei (based on walking across town from one lift to another) looked like it had some character with posh, and some old, hotels and an old church. There's a single gondola ride up onto the Alpe di Siusi where there were lots of walkers, even in the winter. Arabba strikes me as being a little too small and quiet for a summer trip. Colfosco looked interesting as a winter stay, since its in the sun (much of Selva isn't during the winter). I think I'd go for Ortisei for a summer visit...

Roy, still ploughing through photos - I took about 200...
latest report
andyarmitage, Inghams currently use Bolzano for winter (not sure about summer), transfer would be under an hour for Ortisei although the airport is tiny and the rep said if things go pearshaped at Bolzano they go really pearshaped. He said they'd be going using Innsbruck next summer, Google Maps claims 1 hour 20 minutes to Ortisei from Innsbruck and about 3 hours from Venice.
snow report
Looks like ortisei is the best bet then it's just finding a cheap way there and a good value hotel which i am struggling to do at the moment
latest report
andyarmitage, You would probably find Arabba too quiet for your cafe requirements, but its a wonderful place to hop onto the Dolomiti circuit from. We stayed in a Neilsons chalet, the Belvedere, and after all the free wine with dinner we could not manage anything more exciting than a couple of grappas before bedtime! snowHead
ski holidays
Hi Bev we don't want anything too lively we will probably feel the same as you after walking the trails is arabba a nice little place then, the hotel that Helen Beaumont, listed looks good value!
latest report
andyarmitage, Very nice but small (just like me in fact!) Laughing
ski holidays
bev bish, and me!!! Laughing Laughing Perhaps this is a perfick place for pixies.
latest report
andyarmitage, We had a beer in the Sporthotel in Arabba. Looks lovely.

Would think Arabba a bit small for a lively summer. Canazei looks a nice place according to Jon who skied there by mistake and walked back up a red piste!

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, canazei I haven't heard of that it's obviously a nice little town i will have a look at hotels thanks
snow report
You can get some idea of the horrors we faced with a look at

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/10556

Dreadful isn't it.

snowHead
ski holidays
Here are some of mine:

My photos on Picasa Web Albums

I'm still sorting through them... mind find some more worth putting up.
ski holidays
Thanks Hoppo, . Proof I was there! The man with the camera never appears! I think you capture the disgusting nature of this appalling area very well. It will be back to Meribel for me next year! Who would have believed that the slums of Naples could be replicated in the mountains like that......

(Better not overdo it...)

wink
ski holidays
Beautiful photos, Hoppo, the Rifugio Forcelles above Colfosco is one of my favourite lunch stops too. You've rekindled some fond memories, I hope to return to the Dolomites some time soon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Perhaps this is a perfick place for pixies

Somebody called Laughing
snow conditions
Linds, Yes we did!!!! It would be a beautiful place for small people to chill out snowHead Helen Beaumont, I'm sure we could arrange the next International Pixie Convention in the Dolomites. Laughing
snow report
Whoops - forgot I'm logged in as Chris Bish (this is Bev really) he would never qualify for Pixie status! Toofy Grin
snow report
luigi, it is a lovely spot! snowHead That area seems like a good place to meet up since it is relatively compact and uncomplicated whilst also being very pretty.
ski holidays
Hoppo, Colfosco is a good place to meet up - as long as you don't get lost on the way! Embarassed
snow report
Chris, well you did get to see some other interesting areas; HappyMouffe and I were enjoying the skiing above Colfosco and I'm fairly sure Jon identified me because I was idly wondering whether you were about to arrive in Selva rather than because I had a snowHeads hat on! Toofy Grin

Here's my Resort report for Selva...
snow report
Ski Sunday is about to feature the Dolomites. How can we prevent this???

snowHead
ski holidays
Knock out the transmitter.
latest report
We have skied the Dolomites for many years. My husband and 16year old boys are ski mad, my daughter and I are more leisure skiers.
If you want to know how much we ski when we are in Alta Badia or Val Gardena check out our ski pass
http://utilizzo.dolomitisuperski.com/jsp/applet_/findTransit.jsp?ccode=en-US

This is Ant my 16 year olds card. All the men in our family ski together doing the same pistes so all their card will say the same
superski dolomiti card 99B9AF13

You can see we are pretty keen on the skiing in this area and having skied for 27years this area takes some beating. Its worth the drive from England for.
latest report
Klanz Flammer, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead The male Flammers seem to be well in the lead on the piste kilometers per day front...
snow report
Thanks.... next year they say they are really going to go for it!, as my hubby was feeling too well this year . Man flu
snow report
I just wish the SH keep buying up France and leave the Dolomites alone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy