Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FreeStyle Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just getting into jumps and grabs on the dry slopes now and am probably goning to invest in some freestyle skis.

I was looking at the salomon foils and was wondering if anybody had any sugestions.
Also im about 6'2 / 6'3 and 170 pounds or 75 / 80 kilos. Im not sure what lenght ski to go for. My old ones are 170s and i am looking at the 174 foils or should i go for the 182s or are they too long.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
on freestyle skis its always better to go shorter, for maneuverability, however i dont know particulary for the foils, and if you want to use them off piste best to go a bit longer!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jwhiteley1, I prefer longer freestyle skis, so it's down to the person at the end of the day. It's all about personal preference.

Movement Joysticks are some of the best about IMO. But there are many companies out there dedicated to freestyle.

If you want some seriously dedicated skis, center mount them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hornd, I do have some loverly(sic) Scott P3s looking for a good home http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=36976 and Spyderjon will set the bindings to the best position for your riding style . . . .

. . . . subtle, ain't I . . . not wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I prefer longer myself, you can get away with landing in the backseat a bit more, as well as being more stable at speed and better in deeper stuff, and if you get them centre mounted, they'll be a bit easier to spin:)

I have Rossignol Scratch in a 174 and I'm 6ft 1 and 70-75kg. I feel like I could use longer ones.

Sport Conrad have K2 Fujatives and Volkl Ledge for an amazing price at the minute.

http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=kategorie&kat_id=40&art1=70005234
http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=kategorie&kat_id=40&art1=70001043

I'm still a relatively crap freestyle skier though, so take my advice with a pinch of salt Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the replies guys. I will definitly be center mounting them cause i want them for jumps mainly. Still not sure on lenght though. Spikeyhedgehog - do you like them longer for the powder or jumps or just generally. Element - I know you think there better in the deep stuff but do you reckon the 174s are okay for jumps or would you prefer 180s for them.

To be honest i dont reckon itll make that much of a difference but might as well find out you guys. Very Happy

Cheers
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The majority of Twins with cut off alot of 'snow contact' along the length of the ski. A 180 race ski will have significantly more contact along the edge than a 180 true twin.

I'd say something like 177's or so would be dead on, giving enough stability and room for error on the landing. Saying that I'm not exactly a massive park rider and I'd much prefer to catch some big air than put in X spins. (I'm just jealous because I can't do it. wink)

If you get a pair of centre mounted skis they are going to be awful in the deep stuff anyway so I wouldn't worry about how good they are going to be.

There will be a big difference between a wide 177 ski and a small 156 light jibski. Some people prefer some, some prefer others.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like you have a few options to consider already but it may be worth looking at the Line Invader, there is some good deals about and it is a true twin with a superb wood core construction. You could do worse and if you are considering using them on the dry slope they are pretty robust. 178 length would probably work ok for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy