Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
We got married in St. Andreas church in northern part of the town. The weather was fantastic for the day, we were so lucky.
How did you get on with your skiing? Did you have a good week?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
really interested to hear about the wedding party in March. We are hoping to do the same thing in Feb 2010. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Where are you all staying and are you marrying at the registry office in Kitzbuel? Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anybody anyupdates on how it is at Kitz at the moment? Going next saturday, a bit of snow forecast this week I think!?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone with any idea about the relatively short term forecast for Kitz? Going there next week and have seen some snow in the forecast for this week, hoping to catch at least a little storm when we are there...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tim34, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

According to the wigglies (technical term) http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_1247_ens.png there is some snow due tomorrow. As that is so close and they all seem to be agreeing I would hazard a guess that it is likely to snow to some degree. It then looks like cold but dry - maybe nice blue sunny skies? Very Happy Very Happy (the top set of wigglies is the temp, the bottom set the precipitation)

I'm there next week so I'm keeping a close eye on it! But don't worry - there's plenty of snow there at present (30/113 cms) and the cold weather should keep it in good nick.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Cathy, great info.

I havent skied Kitz yet, am really looking forward to it and was hoping for a powder dump while I am there to explore off piste, I am afraid that i'll be skiing wind blown crud if no other snow is in the forecast Crying or Very sad

fingers crossed!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tim34, fingers crossed then! There might be some activity towards the end of the week but that is still some time off so all could change.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like the forecast changed slightly, but a possibility of Sunday evening snowfall still exists...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking more likely for some snow mid-end of next week, although temps may also be rising slightly. Hopefully not enough that it'll rain - we skied in rain there last year. At least you get empty slopes Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, snowed last night, even in town according to the webcams snowHead Looks like next week might be pretty cold
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cathy

I left Kitz at 7.30 this morning , it had been snowing all night . About 3 inches fell in the village. regards

alex96
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alexander96, woohoo! Thank you - did you have a good time there?

Oooh - and welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy,

Yes
arrived on saturday along with 10,000 drunk swiss ski fans!! Good news was that the slopes were empty with everybody watching the downhill & slalom. Snow & weather very good. New snow should freshen things up .

regards
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
doesnt look promising for next week, a mid week thaw seems to be in the forecast and the thought of late week snow might be a pipe dream.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tim34, yes, lower slopes might suffer a bit but I expect the upper slopes will still be fine. We're going to have to ski at the beginning of the hols all those valley runs we've never been able to do so far just in case! There might well be some precipitation around, just pray it doesn't coincide with the warmer temps Very Happy
snow conditions
looks like it's going to dump on Friday night!
snow report
Can I have an update on the conditions?

Heading out for Half Term. Can't wait!
ski holidays
skiking4, we came back this weekend, after a week of high temps, sunny skies and one day of strong winds. Although the pistes were pretty hard in the morning and slushed in the afternoon, all the valley runs were still open and the skiing was good. They had some fresh snow yesterday and it looks like its going to get and stay a lot colder.
snow conditions
Ok good good. So the conditions are PROBABLY not going to be the famous Kitz slush?
ski holidays
Skied Kitz today (Fleckalm, Streif, Hochsaukaser, Pengelstein). Conditions were generally good, only some hard patches where there was a lot of traffic. Best over at the Hochsaukaser; off-piste was reasonable there too, though pretty chewed up. Probably snowing tomorrow.
snow report
sweet Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone for an update on the current conditions Kitzbuhel today..? Not heading out there until Feb 28th but hoping for snow and some good skiing and not the slushing we had to do with last year
snow conditions
desertmk2, Conditions in Kitz atm are about as epic as they get... Loads of snow right down to the valley, and no thaw in sight.

There's some great pictures of the neighbouring Skiwelt and Kitzbuhel here, from BEFORE the most recent snowfall...

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30300
ski holidays
desertmk2, look at the wecams and snow depths! Should be fantastic! Very Happy 75 cms on the lower slopes snowHead http://www.kitzbuehel.com/en/service/weather/webcams.htm

They had a real dump yesterday, with perhaps some more coming at the weekend/beginning of next week snowHead
snow conditions
Yum, this is what winter in Kitz should be like all the time Very Happy

latest report
It looks loads better than when I was there last March. We had no snow at resort level but from the top of the Hahnenkamm the snow was plentiful and got nicely topped up during the week. Looks like those conditions will be right down to the resort runs too this year. You should have a great time...

Look out for 3S-Bahn cabin number 1, it has a window at the bottom so you get an aerial view of the valley below. Not for those who don't like heights...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, I was in Mittersill for the New Year week 08-09, and on NY's Day i managed to get the first gondola onto the mountain. Partly due to the awful weather and everyone elses hangovers I was completely alone. Made it straight over to the 3s and got a cabin by myself, and it turned out to be the one with the window in the bottom:

Couldnt believe my luck Very Happy

Best thing is, in the afternoon when i had to make my way back, I managed to get it again, completely by chance. Lucky or what Very Happy

That was probably one of my dest days skiing ever... Complete high season and the resort was literally empty. Didnt queue a second all day, the pistes were empty and in some places there was some pretty deep powder Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi there im heading out to Kitz 14th March staying at chalet Karlberger, is this in a pretty good location? also it states it's ski in ski out snow permiting i expect?
First timt to Austria and getting soooo excited with all this new snow!!!! hope it keeps coming snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
romeowner, I stayed at chalet karlberger last year. It's a great location just a short uphill walk from the Hahnenkamm bubble lift. If there is snow at resort level you can ski back to almost across the street at the Streifalm bar. There was no snow at resort level for me last year but the snow at the top was very good...

Chalet karlberger is a bit basic but clean and very friendly. The hostesses Katie and Courtney are lovely and can't do enough for you. I would say the only downsides to the Karlberger are the fact that there are normally children there throughout the season, not just school holidays, plus the stairs are very creaky and it's difficult to make an unnoticed return home very late at night...

You'll have a fab time, Kitzbühel is great. One of the best resorts I've ever been to...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, cheers for the reply one of the reasons we are going to the Karlberger was down to a free kids place so expecting to be lots of kids there and hopefully some company for our little one Very Happy
snow conditions
romeowner, fair enough then. You should have a great time. I wasn't expecting to be surrounded by noisy kids during non-peak week but it didn't bother me too much, I was out skiing/partying most of the time... Very Happy
latest report
Kitzbuehel skiing is rubbish, but it sure is a pretty part of the world.
snow report
Snowing in Kitzbuhel tonight down too resort level

Very Happy
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Kitzbuehel skiing is rubbish, but it sure is a pretty part of the world.

There's no pleasing some people Puzzled

Tons of snow just now and more than likely it will last to middle of March.
ski holidays
Whitegold, have to disagree there. Kitzbühel is one of the best resorts I've been to and I preferred it to Tignes/VDI/3V/La Plagne...

The skiing was perfect for me, it was a shame I couldn't ski down to resort level, but the upper runs were fantastic. On top of that the resort itself was friendly and beautiful with plenty going on and not ridiculously expensive...

Maybe I've experienced the wrong aspects of the big French resorts but I have memories of blue runs that scared me, ghost towns after 7pm and ugly tower blocks with cramped basic apartments. Kitzbühel has none of these things...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, Just so that you know in future to ignore Whitegold who "Sprechen sie grosses schiesse"
ski holidays
Ich verstehe jetzt. Vielen Dank robboj...
snow conditions
Anyone been to Kitzbuhel recently, if so what's the snow like? In particular what are the beginners' area and blue runs like? Headed there to teach (probably beginners) next week and hoping there is still a decent progression snow-wise.
ski holidays
beanie1, i came back from there on the 21st there is heaps of snow there deffo skiing well into aprill found the blues to be quite tame so good for your beginners...
snow report
I wasn't wildly enthusiastic about skiing when I woke this morning -seemed too hot- but I went anyway and it was worth it. I aimed for the Kitzbühel slopes, again failed to get into the Fleckalmbahn car-park (this time because it was full), so ended up at the Pengelstein gondola again.

My original plan had been to ski over towards the Hahnenkamm but, starting from the Pengelstein, I decided that it might be more sensible to go to the slightly higher slopes around Pass Thurn. So I went over the 3-S cable-car and worked my way up to the Resterhohe above Pass Thurn and back. Weather was great all day, blue sky and sun, but on the move it was still fresh enough. The snow was mostly soft, sometimes heavy and sugary, but it was still quite skiable and the coverage was great. Virtually no queuing. Here some photos ...

And, although I thought I might be the only dinosaur on the pistes, I found a mate on my last run down the Pengelstein Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy