Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
richmond, if its forecasting snow then it must be! snowHead

Oh my days - look at the GFS run in the chart above for 4/5 March next week - that's some serious dumpage with corresponding cold temps - and looking better for cold temps after that snowHead snowHead snowHead Only thing is they're not all agreeing on the level of the dump and the temps after that but the trend is showing colder temps than previously (where's the fingers crossed smiley??)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent!! It looks like things are developing in the right direction!.. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi guys,

Just back from Kitzbuhel. Had a great time. Toofy Grin
Conditions better than I thought they would be. Best skiing done early on in the day.....typical freeze/thaw conditions
Some slopes got very slushy in afternoon esp south facing ones.
Found the black slopes were the best as they were less used than the others (esp 38 and 16)
Ski back to the village (No. 21) was tough going at the end of the day.....like toffee.
Weather very mild..plenty of suncream required.
Was raining lightly yesterday in the village as we were leaving. Sad
Got S3 across to Jochberg one day but found conditions were better in Kitz.
All in all slopes holding up pretty well... could obviously do with more snow/colder conditions.

Anyway here's a few snaps taken on Sunday last...

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/1037094_dexzs/2008_0228Image0050.JPG
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/1037094_dexzs/2008_0228Image0049.JPG
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/1037094_dexzs/2008_0228Image0051.JPG

Cheers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ooops.......those photos came out a bit too big...... Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kaiserchief, Thanks for the report. ..Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The 3S bahn gives access to the highest skiing and on Sunday the snow was better up there than anywhere else, but the red slope immediately from the 3S seems to get soft before almost anywhere else. The slope immediately opposite that one seems to stay icy longer than almost anywhere else. Very odd (as is the fact that this line seems to going on indefinitely; I assume that it's the Cinemascope postings above).

The pistes by the Barenbadkogel chair were in nice shape last Saturday and not bad at all on Sunday, BTW, better than might be expected from their altitude.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kaiserchief, good to hear the snow's still holding up - thanks for reporting back! Looks like some fresh snow is due next week for us snowHead snowHead

(gosh, what big ones you've got! Toofy Grin But I can't really see them - any chance you could upload the photos on snowMedia zone and put up thumbnails of them here instead?)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kaiserchief wrote:
Ooops.......those photos came out a bit too big...... Embarassed

Not anymore they're not wink I've trimmed the pictures down to links instead as there's no easy way to shrink the size on the page. Well, actually there is but it would still need the fullsize images to be downloaded first ad there's over 6MB there Shocked
As cathy says, if you set up an account over on our snowmediazone then linking the large pics via a smaller thumbnail one is a lot tidier.
Nice pics though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks FenlandSkier! Very Happy Very Happy

Nice pics, now I can see them snowHead I just can't wait! snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi

Off to Kitz on Saturday snowHead and glad to see that the snow conditions are looking alot better than last year!!

Will try to get to give an update on the conditions while there. Should be easy as staying across the road from the internet cafe!

This will be my third trip to Kitz and hopefully this time I will get to ski ALL the area - third time lucky!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kaiserchief, photo thumbnails:

Code e.g.

Code:
[url=http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/images/uploads/1204238839_kitzbuhel.JPG]
[img]http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/images/uploads/thumbs/1204238839_kitzbuhel.JPG[/img]
[/url]

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 29-02-08 11:06; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi All

Off to Kitz on the 8th of March,please report on conditions...looks like stacks of snow is coming in, oh yes

The Mongoose
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
topcat wrote:
Hi

Off to Kitz on Saturday snowHead and glad to see that the snow conditions are looking alot better than last year!!

They are, much.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will the couple of days rain forecast for Kitzbuhel not have a really bad affect on the runs? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dingdong, not if there's going to be snow down to resort level afterwards, which is currently forecast Toofy Grin . Now if it were going to be dry after the rain then you get pictures like this from last January Evil or Very Mad

snow report
cathy, i was looking at those pictures and then spotted a familiar sight in the MediaZone... mine from Saalbach in Jan also!!! Evil or Very Mad

dingdong, it might not be perfect (the new snow will move it that way) but it will be MILES better than last season Very Happy

Beautiful sights like this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 29-02-08 15:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
ski-finder, absolutely!! And I seem to remember topcat was in Kitzbuhel that week also Very Happy
snow report
Ok, I think I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now...Smile
snowHead
latest report
cathy, I certainly was in Kitz that week. A guy in my hotel described Kitz as looking a bit like Wales when we got there!! Luckily I still got in 6 days of skiing although the area was a bit limited.

This year should be very different...I hope! Looking forward to being able to ski a bit further afield this time.
snow report
Well it's Sunday afternoon and no skiing here yet. The lifts were closed yesterday and again today due to a storm. Also my ski bag with half my clothes in didn't turn up at Salzburg and no sign of it yet. Ah well....

Hope it gets better later in the week and at least get to ski a few days! Another storm is supposed to be on the way but it's not appeared yet. The bottom of the Hahnenkamm slope is looking marginally better than last year.
latest report
topcat, That sounds bad. I hope your stuff shows up soon. Crying or Very sad I noticed the lifts looked closed yesterday from the webcam. It looks like there is a lot of rain hanging around too but hopefully thats going to turn into snow by Monday/Tuesday.

I had a look on SF and it's promising a couple of cm's snow everyday up until Sunday... Fingers crossed!
ski holidays
topcat, you're not having much luck with Kitzbuhel, what with last year and this Sad Conditions sound bad but snow is forecast for during the week - I'm guessing its the high winds that have closed the lifts? Hope your ski bag turns up. Enjoy the rest of your hols and keep us posted. Very Happy

Kitzbuhel in summer on Ski Sunday today snowHead snowHead
latest report
topcat, Did you get your stuff yet? Hope you did. Any skiing yet? Would be interested to know how it's shaping up. Smile
snow conditions
Oh my goodness - what is the chart on the previous page showing for 11 March??! Shocked That is either the mega-est of all dumps - or torrential rain. I really should stop looking at weather forecasts I think and just accept whatever's there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
From the webcams looks like there's been some fresh snow/is snowing now snowHead
ski holidays
PS dingdong, what day's your wedding? From the current forecast I hope it's not Tuesday 11th! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
cathy, we're on the 10th, why? whats happening, is it rain os snow..?
snow report
dingdong, well metcheck is saying snow http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=6 (look at the scale on the left-hand side - it's peaking at 24cms snowHead snowHead But from the graph the temps are a bit average so at the moment could be a bit touch & go, probably snow on top though! Very Happy

But that mega-dump wiggle will probably disappear over the next few days rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
22cms fallen in the last 24 hours snowHead snowHead

http://www.snowreporter.com/schneeberichte/oesterreich/tirol/kitzbuehel
ski holidays
YES! It's shaping up nicely.. snowHead
snow report
Ok well it has snowed all day yesterday and today and the temperatures are more like January now so the conditions have improved by miles Very Happy Very Happy . The lifts were close due to the high winds but fortunately it was only for one day - and a very long day that was!! Apparently it's forecasted to be sunny here tomorrow so should be good as visibility was poor today. Monday was very warm and sunny - like summer so the snow was melting badly but all good now. Next week should be very good if it stays like this.

My skis still haven't showed up but still having a great time anyway. If anyone comes across an Ellis Brigham padded ski bag that is unclaimed anywhere then let me know. I think I'm going to make a complaint when I get back and chase up in Manchester as don't seem to be getting much joy from the people in the Lost Property office in Salzburg.
ski holidays
topcat, Sounds like things are getting better for you there.
Shame about the skis, I'll be walking through Salzburg airport around 10am tomorrow, traveling on to Kitz. Not sure if there is anything I can do if your skis are there. I doubt they would release them to someone other than yourself but I may be able to check for you, and see if they are actually there.
ski holidays
hi dingdong

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS LINK, YESTERDAY I WAS LOOKING AT GREEN FIELDS...GUESS WHAT HAPPENED

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/Austria/Kitzbuhel/webcams-0.html

Thank the snow gods as I am there on the 8th

The Mongoose
snow report
What a beautiful day. We got up this morning at 3am to catch our flights. Arrived in Salzburg at 9:20am and were on the slopes for 12:30 approx. The sun shone all day but it was cold, very cold. Which was good. I wouldn't call the snow perfect but we had a great couple of hours bombing around the slopes. I skied back to kitz around 4ish, Mrs dingdong (to be) decided to take the gondola, probably a good idea. But the run home wasn't slushy at all, more icy than anything else and fairly busy. Anyone coming out in the next couple of days will have a great time as long as the temps stay down.

I've had a couple at this point so please forgive the grammar and spelling. Typing this on my blackberry, damn these keys are small!! Ok, now I'm rambling, I'd better sign off.
snow report
dingdong, oooh didn't realise you were getting a head start! And I was wondering if you were Mr or Mrs dingdong (in best Lesley Philips voice of course)

Glad to hear you had a great day - keep the snow in good nick for us snowHead . And have a fab day on Monday! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hope all goes well snowHead
snow conditions
Hi

Got back from Kitz this morning and it was snowing when I left. Noticed yesterday that the snow levels on the mountain were 120cm. They were 90cm at the beginning of the week so hopefully conditions will be good for you, who are there this week.

Thanks for your offer to look round Salzburg airport dingdong. I was busy alot of evenings so didn't get much chance to get online. I got a call on Thursday evening from Salzburg airport to say my skis had arrived and they sent them in a taxi and I finally had them that night in time for my last day.

Hope your wedding goes well dingdong, and that everyone has a great week in Kitz!
ski holidays
Anyone know what conditions are like at the moment.. It looked like things were going in the wrong direction when we were leaving..
snow report
dingdong, hey - how did your wedding go? Where's the pics?? Toofy Grin

I think Kitz had a bit of a shaky weekend last - but it looks well snowy and cold there now snowHead
ski holidays
cathy, The wedding went fantastically well! We had a beautiful blue sky for the day and got some really nice pictures down by the lake.
Just wish we were still there! I'm finding it hard to get back into work... I think I'll give up this work lark and go live in the mountains. I wonder what my new wife will think of that! Smile
ski holidays
dingdong, so pleased everything went well. I was thinking of you that day and thought how good it was that it was a sunny day Very Happy Which church did you get married in?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy