Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I went skiing today and in my bag I packed.........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
maggi, predictable. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, when I got home from my last ski holiday and unpacked, I found a scrap of paper with 3 mobile numbers on it. Now I know they were British (+44 etc) but I had absolutely no idea whose numbers they were. Or when I'd collected them Embarassed .

(No, I didn't ring any of them. I chucked the paper away Little Angel )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, of course you did.

Of course they knew you would.

Well, after the initial shock and amusement at the quaint use of pen and paper anyhow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, the mind boggles.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sleipnir wrote:

No one has mentioned a first aid kit - one of those little bit of everything kits - useful for the odd scrape or lump & bump?

Not really, if it's serious then a first aid kit would not be much use - best get help immediately (so mobile phone?), and if it's not serious you will probably survive without it anyway. Not worth worrying about IMHO.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

any sensible person carries painkillers

I'm not sure I even own any painkillers, let alone carry them around the mountain all day. I still maintain that you're all weird. NehNeh
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, I agree. Painkillers Shocked Shocked . I'm a pharmacist and I don't carry drugs around with me. We'd need a suitcase not a rucksack if we carried everything around that people on this thread have suggested.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
I would almost certainly carry the smallest Travel Scrabble

I would never do Scrabble, as I can't stand the game, but if skiing late in the season, and with a backpack, a slim paperback is not a bad idea. Spending the entire afternoon sunbathing in a deckchair can become a little boring....

Glad someone mentioned tissues. I'd hate to think everyone wipes their noses on their gloves....

Another good late season addition is a picnic. Nothing like sitting on the top of a mountain with some good bread and cheese and a cold beer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w,
Quote:

a slim paperback is not a bad idea

Agreed, but a bit anti-social if you're with friends! (I often ski with other Scrabble enthusiasts.)
Quote:

Glad someone mentioned tissues. I'd hate to think everyone wipes their noses on their gloves....

Laughing (That was me. Mentioning it, I mean.)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex wrote:
Lizzard, he skis to pull.

GGGGGGGGGAH! Please note - GF READS SNOWHEADS!!!! Very Happy (Picture my arrival at her place today - toe tapping, pursed lips... Shoulda left the engine running, but I guess bones are stronger after they knit, right? Confused )

Hurtle wrote:
Lizzard, obviously he suffers from cold sores, any sensible person carries painkillers, and I quite like having paper and pencil or pen to hand too, would probably carry them in a non-ski daypack, there's often something interesting or useful to jot down on a long day out. Actually, if I carried a back-pack more often, I would almost certainly carry the smallest Travel Scrabble as well - invaluable over an occasional long lunch - and of course you need the pen and paper to score.

mdemon2, you are neither mad nor loony (not that I am terribly keen on these words as terms of abuse.)
You are my favourite Snowhead. Smile

Paper and pen is useful in many situations. Yes, Ray Mears can light a cooking fire with it, but I can take details in the event of an accident, write down medical/contact details in the event of a medical accident, and less dramatically, leave a written note to other members of the party in a restaurant. (Have actually done the last one!)

*You can also write down phone numbers. Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is bizarre. No wonder so many people wear rucksacks. A complete inventory on a sunny on-piste day of my pockets:

Sunglasses
Phone
Camera (very small)
Travel wallet (one credit card, cash, Carte Neige folded in half)
Inhaler (asthmatic)
Lip salve
Lift pass (generally useful I find for those on-piste days)

Err...that's it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy