Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuehel: Private lesson, Strasshofer Hotel & slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've read somewhere that Kitzbuehel is not the place to have lessons, as the standard is not very good. We going there for a week on 23rd Feb (staying at Strasshofer hotel). We are both reasonable intermediates and would like to improve technique and learn to carve properly so we look a bit more stylish on the piste! Very Happy Any suggestions as to where/who to go to?
Also, anyone stayed at the Strasshofer and would like to comment?
Where else to go for a day's skiing whilst we're there and why?
Favourite intermediate slopes?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, never taken a lesson there. Have you looked at Resort reports?
Lots of good easy and intermediate slopes and almost nothing difficult.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Know nothing about lessons or hotel, sorry. Almost all the slopes are good for intermediates.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys; I realise belatedly I probably should have put this into the resorts section!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed at the Strasshofer a couple of years ago, great little hotel, the rooms are very small though. Friendly family run hotel, very central, decent food, no complaints at all.

As for ski lessons, cant really comment as it was my first year, but thought the quality of the red devils school was excellent & in comparison to some Ive had since, I think it rated.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife, a second timer skiier, had private lessons with the Red Devils ski school in March 2007 and appeared to improve a lot. Her instructor was a bloke called Hans Hass, a local farmer. He spoke good english, had a good sense of humour and looked like like Benny Hill.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in the Strasshofer a few years ago, nice little hotel in a great central location, good food as long as you're not veggie:

Hotel staff "Tonight it's the farmers buffet, all kinds of meat, steak, chops, sausages, chicken"
Lady on table behind us "I'm a vegetarian"
HS confused "We have chicken"
Lady "But I'm a vegetarian"
HS "How about fish?"

The lady ate a jacket potato and some salad!

Had lessons too, with the Red Devils, they were fine

Most of the area is fine for intermediates, you'll have a blast I'm sure. Pack your swim suit too, there's a great swimming pool and your lift pass (I believe) gets you into free.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy