Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots in the Cabin - a definitive answer (ish)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for raising this again.....

but as someone who HAS been through loosing 2 pairs of boots in 1 trip I think you all should know what happens

I've been doing a lot of research since I got the 2 pairs of boots lifted by Biarritz security, and was told they would be in the hold... of course they werent - It seems that individual airports can make up their own list of prohibited items, especially in France

I finally got a letter from Ryanair, after them searching for 2 weeks, refering me back to Biarritz - the insurance company says they'll stand over it as it included the "search unsuccessful" - despite not having a baggage tag (a long story) - but I have to provide photographic evidence of me having them, along with original receipt (both are compulsary in this case) - and this is before I get the claim form, so fingers still crossed

Ryanair also stated that they allow ski-boots as carry-on, however this is an airport issue - so I guess checking with the airline does not count and I'm still waiting to speak to someone in Biarritz 2 weeks on - I must say the letter from Ryanair covers me well enough that insurance (Ryanair!!!) say they'll pay - BUT I did go to 3 different Ryanair desks in Stansted to be sure, to be sure, to be sure and got names of all people I spoke to - I had time as I had a connecting flight.

The insurance policy also says that I wont be paid out on seisure of boots by security - nor would security allow be put them on!!!!

So the moral of the story is..... dont carry your ski-boots as cabin luggage, its not worth the risk as I dont know if all airlines would be as thorough and I must admit surprise and a little admiration for Ryanair (but I wont get carried away) - or if others would go to the lengths if they didnt have a connecting flight

If people want more information I'll happily supply it... but this has been spoken about a lot

Joe
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy