Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good digital compact camera recommendations.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wear The Fox Hat, ... thanks ... great comparasion facility .... study time ...

sallywt, .... never order when bit drunk .... hope the TZ3 you ordered was a camera and not a sports car .... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks sallywt, you have inspired me to get on with it and am going to order TZ3 at the weekend! Had seen it recently and just wanted some feedback which this thread has given me Very Happy Where did you order from in the end? I am looking at eng_ch's link above and ebuyer.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i went for the canon Digital Ixus 70 and also use the old mobile for longer down hill run videos as its small and does not matter if smashed or gets wet as no longer my main phone
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also a Lumix travel zoom fan though mine is a TZ1. I think all cameras will take decent enough pictures these days but the 10x zoom in that size camera was unique the last time I checked. IMO a long zoom is invaluable for getting good unposed skiing pictures. The metal body seems to be pretty tough. Also it takes good videos at 30fps widescreen with optical stabilisation and continuous focussing and zooming.

I would definitely check that the camera uses SDHC cards though. I tried a 4GB SD card in my TZ1 and it didn't work (the SD standard only goes up to 2GB but 4GB non SDHC cards do exist and do work in some devices like my satnav and card reader)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BernardC, haha!! Thankfully no, I believe Amazon is all out of Alfa Romeos, close call though.
I got it through Amazon, order Thurs night and arrived 8am on Saturday (rude awakening followed by deep joy) I foudn it elsewhere about £10 cheaper but I got a bundle offer with a 4GB Class 6 SDHC card for about a tenner so worked out a lot cheaper this way. Oh and a lowepro case. Thank you credit card.
Used it a lot on Sunday and the bloke filmed my trapeze performance (yikes, still alive, no broken neck, hell of a lot of brusies) and it came out fantastically so pleased with the video function too which is a bonus. Pics do get a bit of noise over ISO 400 so I've set that as being the max - shame I can't adjust the shutter speed but really, if I want to mess around that much I should have got a DSLR... so no complaints and v pleased with my new toy. Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sallywt, ordered last night once had had a play with one in Currys store. Amazon in the end for us too, hope comes as quickly as yours.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy