Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - Oakley Stockholm goggles: which lenses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh dear. Am ever so novice skier and have been offered a pair of Oakley Stockholm goggles by a firm related to my employer as an incentive! Have sort of chosen the black frame already, but which lenses should I opt for? Trials in a goggle shop were inconclusive as the light was indoor ambient light. Quite liked the Yello Hi which looked blue on the outside. Am off to La Pagne in March for my first 'abroad' holiday and hope that these goggles will last me for yonks. What do you expert folk think re lenses? Help/opinions gratefully received with thanks. Oh by the way, am a Lady!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fificat, welcome to snowHead
I'm not the expert on this but, to get the ball rolling, I think it's probably worth picking something straight down the middle - Rose or Yellow/Orange should be suitable in most conditions and last you for years. You lucky thing getting free goggles! Can you push it a bit and ask for 2 lenses? If so, go for Rose & Blue. Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flowa, Thanks for your quick reply -I obviously meant to say La Plagne. Just don't know enough to make a choice so thanks for your input. Appreciated. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you have a look at the Oakley website, it lists all the different lenses and gives pics to give you an idea what the pics would look like with different lenses. It is really useful.

I also use Oakley goggles and glasses. I hate goggles at the best of times so it has to be really bad before I put them on! In my goggles I have a persimmon lens although if the weather is really bed I prefer the yellow high intensity lens...which I have in my glasses, so to that end I bought another spare lens for my goggles!

In my glasses, most of the time on the snow, I use a polarised ice lens as for most of time I am usually really lucky and get great weather when I go ski-ing!!

I have a pair of other glasses that I use when not on the snow and they have a fire iridium lens which I really like, lets in more light than the ice lens but would be too dark for bad conditions on snow.

The yellow lens you tried I would suggest would let too much light in for all round use and you would probably find it a bit blinding if the sun is out on your trip so you want something a little darker. I think some people swear by persimmon lenses on here although I might have got that wrong. Hopefully some else will be along shortly to offer some more advice.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowaddict, Thank you - I agree that perhaps two sets of lenses is a good idea (especially if I am only paying for one set of extra lenses)- just don't want to appear too nerdy by skiing for the first time abroad with all the possible kit I may ever ever need! Still, havent been skiing abroad before, and experience only limited to a few shots at Glenshee....usually when the snow is just about melting, as we are 3 and a half hours away so if the snow is good there, we can't get to it as the access road is always closed! Wll take on board your suggestions and will check the Oakley site. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You're welcome!!

The Oakley site is deffo good for some info!

If you do decide to buy a second pair of lenses, try www.steptoes.co.uk as they are pretty good on prices. I very recently bought some Oakley things from them and had superb service. The spare yellow lens I bought for my goggles was £16. It wasn't the yellow intensity lens though which was quite a bit more expensive.

A lot of people on here prefer to use goggles, particularly with helmets so I'm sure they'll give you a better idea of what they find best for a general lens.

You'll have a fab time abroad - enjoy!!
snow report
 bloxy
bloxy
Pink Iridiums and Black Iridiums

Pink irridium is brilliant for low/flat light. Black irridium is a great all rounder.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the G35 lens is awesome.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Starnberg - do you mean the G30? Do you use this on bright days and how does it go when it clouds over?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy