Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile Private Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to La Thuile in a couple of weeks (both about 7 week intermediates), and we're thinking of taking a couple of private lessons, rather than doing ski school. Anyone have experience of private lessons here, instructers they would recommend etc?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used these guys www.bluski.com last year. They're English and very good. I think they might be a little more expensive because there's some rule/law (in the resort, not bluski themselves) about who they are allowed to teach if your trip is not fully organised by them. One of their instructors has some higher qualification that allows him to teach anyone.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I contacted them recently and they said they were completely unable to offer to us any tuition as we had not booked our trip through them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio, Ah, thats a shame. I hadn't booked my trip with them either. I know I could only get a lesson from this one instructor of theirs due to the resort rules. Maybe he's gone or the rules are even tighter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also, I'm pretty sure someone else here on snowheads used them when they couldn't get into a ski school.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did contact them, but they were adamant that they would only offer lessons to customers already in resort with them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi ajpaul,

I've just returned from La Thuile so i might be too late to be of any real help but there is an instructor there called Valentina, who is great. I was with her for a week and felt that my skiing really progressed. I would have no problems with recommending her.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks richlott. Hmmn - a female ski instructor called Valentina - I'm in love already! Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ajpaul, Believe me, she is delightful. She also happens to be going out with an Italian Rugby Player so good luck with anything other than ski lessons! Blush

On a serious note, contact the ski school on www.lathuile.net and see whats available, and prices.

Ps. Just remembered that her dad is an instructor also. Rugby player on one side, angry Italian dad on the other- The very best of luck Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy