Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most Embarrasing moment(s) on your board

Poster: A snowHead
For me has to be:

1) Catching an edge before trying a jump and slaming my face into the top of the jump in full view of everyone
2) Unable to get on a 6 man chair lift and being squashed flat as the chair went over me with all my boarder mates on it
3) Unable to get off a chair lift in time and proceeded to hang upside down by my thigh as it started to back round.

I'm sure theres more Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me..

I got caught by my beautiful, honest, rich, and generally nicer skiing mates looking at a Snowboard (yes I know) in a shop..felt like a flasher or pervert I think I'm on some kind of goverment register now....never again.

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was riding along one day in my normal haze just looking at how pretty the snow was on the nose of my board and the way some of it was coming along for the ride and some of it was jumping off, I got a bit dazed out looking at that then looked up and blam, I hit a piste pole, twisted around and landed on my back on a big ice ball. Broke some ribs and woke up a bit. Luckily I had 200 cds in my bag (was on the way to dj) so that cushioned the fall a bit. I was barely moving at the time, for sure the lowest speed fall ever.

Another time I lost complete control and went straight into a snow skidoo thing, got wedged underneath it, that was fun.

Apart from that nothing I do is embarrasing, I always try to make it look like I meant to do it Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm trying to think of some, they definately exist but I've erased them from my mind. Embarrasing moments involving snowshoes on the other hand ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, was that a smoke haze ? Love the way you describe the snow, it was like you were reliving the whole thing Laughing

Swirly, snowshoes Shocked Do tell !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
debbi, all I will say is if some people are going ski touring and you're given the option of joining in on snowshoes say "No thanks". I'm still too traumatised by the experience at the EoSB to talk about it. Basically while everyone else flew along on skins I plodded around in a pair of snowshoes that didn't really hold my weight anyway and decided to fall off every couple of steps. A few (6) hours later we're in motteret having missed the last lift back to ValT. I spent most of those hours walking along in a river as it was the only place without knee deep snow. Eventually we emerged in a nature park where people were walking around in shorts and T-shirts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
coming up to the entrance to a chair , nice n slow , looked at the nice orange netting that guides the Q, kept looking at it, got really close to it, reached out to stop myself falling into it, brought most of it onto the floor on top of me, looked up at the 6 nice men who had just finished putting it all up ..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ooh netting and fencing, forgot about them. Ollied over the fence that separates the race track from the piste once, didn't get high enough caught the fence and bit the ground, rolling around like a lemon. Not too bad but it's right underneath the lift. Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Worst moment? Definitely when I went for my first lesson.

I was convinced that I wasn't doing very well and being a typical bloke, thought I knew all the tech speak and jargon. I put not being able to turn down to being goofy when my board was set up for regular. It was only when the ESF coach told me that my right binding was attached to my left foot and vice versa that I felt the redness hit me!! Oh the shame... Embarassed

Remember: Write 'R' and 'L' on your bindings before you take them off or you'll look like a tw@t like me!! Smile

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 7-11-07 16:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Turkish hackers incident from last year maybe.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Way to many to list Embarassed

The worst has to be that blasted T bar at the MSB Mad Embarassed It was bad enough falling off it twice but then I had to suffer the sniggers and sneers of the skiers as I walked up to the top Embarassed Mad Embarassed Mad Embarassed Mad Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Specialman, ROFL ... Classic Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dobz, But I bet you looked cool walking with you board tho !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, I can't picture that, even with diagrams.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The other (more painful) bad moment was on my first drag lift which looked about four miles long (but was more like 200m).

I didn't have a clue how to use one so grabbed the pole, whacked it into my family jewels and held on. Unfortunately, thinking I'd cracked it, I started being all 'casual' to look cool in front of the people on the chairlfiut above me. I lost my footing and fell over, being dragged by the knackers up this hill for a good 30 yards.

Well, I managed to free myself but decided to grab the next bar that was going by in order to save face in front of the lads. Grabbed it with a soaking wet glove, lost my grip and the bleedin' thing sprung back, hit me in the face and bust my lip wide open. Not only did I look like a tool, I was now wheezing from the excersion and surrounded by lots of blood-coloured snow.

Not a pretty sight!! Very Happy

...oh, and I had to walk the remaining million miles uphill Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Specialman, Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is one definite advantage to being a boarding bird - none of that squished nattocks thing to worry about.
ski holidays
Swirly, How I didn't notice my bindings were ont he wrong way I don't know!! It's not like they didn't look odd. Plus, it was a proper pain trying to squeeze my right boot into a binding that made for the left!!!

I think I heard the French instructor going on about something to do with "zee stupid pie-eating ros beef eediot..."
ski holidays
Swirly, I am assuming he set up the board himself putting the bindings on the wrong way.

My OH did that and boarded for a whole day before I pointed out that his buckles were on the inside Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, After that I think I'm closer to being feminine than being a fella. The thought of being dragged my my buds still pains me... Smile
latest report
debbi, got it in one. Hey, but I wouldn't be told - I'd read one magazine and thought I knew it all!! Toofy Grin

Typical bloke... rolling eyes
snow report
Specialman, debbi, what MUPPETS!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've seen schoolkids ski the whole morning with boots on the wrong feet, but I didn't think it possible that an adult could make a similar mistake.
snow conditions
Ha Ha, I almost did that but realised what I'd done when I looked at the board, it really was very very obvious.
latest report
Lizzard, it is an 'AW bless em' moment before you wet yourself & point it out to everyone around you !
snow report
I honestly thought someone would come out with a cone-shaped hat with a a big 'D' on it!! Very Happy
latest report
On my first snowboarding trip I realised that the nice soft mountain of artifical snow that I tried to board thorugh was actually a solid pile of artificial ice. Unfortunaltey I only relaised this in the fraction of a second between the fornt of my board and the side of my head hitting it. It looked cool and didn't hurt - not
snow report
Drag lift for me too... my second day on a board, and my first attempt at riding one.

Unclip. Slide into the queue. Hmmm, so far, so good. The kindly lift attendant sees me eyeballing the poles as they clatter in my direction, grabs one for me, and through the international medium of mime, shows me what I'm expected to do with it. One is grateful, being goofy, that one has chosen to 'dress to the left'. The skiers behind me, with the foresight born of experience, begin to hang back... then - the lurch - and I'm off! I'm riding a drag lift!

What's all the fuss about? You just hang on, it pulls you along.. I relax a bit, lean back, let my trailing shoulder come round a bit as I settle into it, and - oh cr@p, what's my board doing?? It's wandering around on the snow, left - no, right - oh my god, it's turning across the slope - please, not the toe edge --

They had to stop the lift three times while I struggled to my feet, gripped again, and fell.

I realise now I was supposed to be a good little boarder, give up, and roll away - but no. I held on like grim death and I rode that drag lift all the way to the top... on my ass, board aloft, pole clutched in two hands in front of my chest -- except for when I loosened one to wave at the incredulous skiers downslope.

It haunts me still....
latest report
I put a Snowboard on once, i was so embarrased.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what took you so long Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

let my trailing shoulder come round a bit

Game over. Laughing
snow conditions
debbi wrote:
Dobz, But I bet you looked cool walking with you board tho !

It was very difficult to look and act cool when I was sweating like a wotsit - hot sun, steep climb = very red and sweaty face. It was at some point during my 5 zillion mile hike up to the top that I realised I was actually in pain - hurt ribs from being bounced along while holding on for grim death to the bar.

Drag lifts = Satan's Tool Mad
snow report
Quote:
Drag lifts = Satan's Tool

Skiers = Satan's little helpers Smile
snow conditions
Specialman, nowthen young man. Have you never been towed along a flat bit by your skiing mate?
ski holidays
I'd of thought every moment on your board would be embarassing.
ski holidays
DB, that's 'I'd have'. Illiterate bloody skiers. Laughing
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
DB, that's 'I'd have'. Illiterate bloody skiers. Laughing

Look. I know you're old enough to be my English teacher but leave it out eh. No one speaks English wot like we can in Manchester. Madeye-Smiley

PS thanks for agreeing with the statement though. wink
snow conditions
DB, actually, I was ignoring your statement out of politeness, rather than drawing everyone's attention to the fact that you were talking complete tosh.

I have now got over that moment of weakness, thankfully.
latest report
So you ignored my statement by replying to it. Way to go Einstein.
snow conditions
DB,
Quote:

I have now got over that moment of weakness

You'd prefer it in semaphore? Laughing
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
DB,
Quote:

I have now got over that moment of weakness

You'd prefer it in semaphore? Laughing

You've not really got the hand of this new snowboarding fad have you?
Snowboarders communicate with a series of grunts while scratching their piles.
latest report
DB, why are you not discussing the merits of a particular ski pole, or 'what glove is best for not dropping ski poles or 'what grip is best for not dropping ski poles' or 'should I use the strap so I do not drop my ski poles' in that bendy knees section Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy