Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet predicts price war with "desperate" ski tour ops

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Easyjet's chief executive Ray Webster is predicting a tough winter for the ski travel trade, with considerable price competition.
He's concerned about the number of unsold airline tickets which charter holiday companies may dump on to the market at rock-bottom prices in, or for, January... "They're cornered, they're desperate and therefore we've got to consider them a big threat," said Mr Webster.

This report from The Guardian.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Odd, I'm surprised. I would never have thought Easyjet would/be able to/want to compete with a charter service on a boring in/out Saturday/Sunday only route.

So what's changed? If you are flying Gatwick-Geneva-Gatwick on a Saturday for a week, you would/are/will be better off trying for a charter ticket. And if you want to fly any other time you'd be better at Easyjet as you won't be able to buy a charter ticket anyway (actually, on that route BA's almost always cheaper Laughing ).

Don't see what's new.

Sounds rather like an excuse for (another) imminent profits warning. Maybe sleasyJ is in more trouble than they want to admit...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
just read in this evening's Evening Standard that their Finance Director has quit unexpectedly today, two days after the airliners full-year results. There have been already two profit warnings this year and based on the Guardian report above it does not look good Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It would be a shame if Sleasyjet went out of business, after all, it's been a major driving force in the lo-cost air travel market.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch wrote:
Odd, I'm surprised. I would never have thought Easyjet would/be able to/want to compete with a charter service on a boring in/out Saturday/Sunday only route.

Most skiers from the UK will be travelling on a Saturday or Sunday though won't they? It's when the accomodation's available and still the most sensible for use of holiday days etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

actually, on that route BA's almost always cheaper

unless you get in really early and get the silly priced flights, i've almost always found BA cheaper than any of the "budget airlines".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi ise, yes, you're right, I would suppose the majority of skiers go for short weeks, but a huge increase in weekenders and long weeks (Out Fri, In Sunday 9 days later).

My lack of understanding stems from not believing that Easyjet would have budgeted on having any significant share of the charter market. But, thinking a little straighter, I suppose that for you might get cases where someone would normally fly, for example, EZY from Luton who then goes charter from Gatwick because they can get a flight much much cheaper.

I still can't believe that this is a significant factor in their forecasts...

But heaven forbid they leave the market! EZY price pressure on BA is responsible for me booking rather a lot of weekend skiing (skiing it bothers to snow that is).

DM
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, I doubt they did budget for it, but the charter market suffers from the growth of DIY holidays the Easyjet thrive on. It's an obvious commercial tactic, if they can damage EasyJet their core businesses will benefit.

Incidentally, Swiss are about as cheap as I can find for getting someone out here at Xmass.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I certainly want Easyjet to continue to do well. Finally we have a direct flight from the North East of England to Geneva on a daily basis, so I have two trips sorted this season, simply because of the cost.

Maybe Easyjet have just got too big too quick with so many routes?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to snowHeads, chrisb, snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ise, good point!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy