Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aggressive coyote attacks boy on Colorado ski slope

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wildlife officials had to kill an aggressive coyote that was roaming Copper Mountain ski resort in Colorado at the weekend. The animal had charged towards a 3-year-old boy who was out skiing. Luckily, his father scared the animal away before it could take a bite. Officials said that the animal had also tried to bite another person on the arm....The ski slope and its lift were closed while Division of Wildlife officials hunted for the animal and killed it.

Source: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15281047/detail.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
only in america...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It happens. Many years ago, 97 IIRC, I was in South Lake Tahoe to ski, and a coyote came down into town during the day and attacked a toddler playing a garden. The parents heard the child crying and killed the animal. The vet's confirmed that the animal was rabid. The news channels were pretty full with the story.
There was also a shooting in the town during our stay, when two local businessmen decided to debate their ownership of the paddle steamer that crosses the lake, once and for all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where's Road Runner when you need him... Meep Meep! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another reason to wear a ski helmet Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not just coyotes you have to watch out for:
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2008/01/15/news/mtregional/news07.txt
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had three coyote attacks on children before Christmas, not on ski hills but in the town of Canmore. The coyotes were found and shot and apparently it is still very rare for such attacks to occur. Unfortunately I failed in my attempt to chase after a coyote when I saw it take one of our cats in October from right outside our house Sad There have also been a couple of cougar attacks on dogs in town this year and a child on a school trip was attacked by a moose. No bear attacks this year, but I have seen pictures from last year of the bears that were walking around Sunshine parking lot in the Summer Shocked Of course it is our choice to live here and the animals were here first, so I am not complaining.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy