Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 Day Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to ski with wife around 6th to 10th March. We have only had 2 previous trips one in Obertauern and other Zell am See. Looking for somewhere else, although do like Austria could try Swiss or French resorts. Dont really want much more than 2hr transfer to resort. Any ideas for this trip.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Doing nearly the same (4th- 8th) Heading to Saalbach for the transfer reason,about 1.30 transfer. Going to Austria because flight times work out ( these were the only few days that would suit the 4 of us going, meant 3 days off with 4 full days of sking), price was right, and well Austria is always great craic. Arriving in Salzburg at about 9 pm so, transfer is important. Also, booking accomadation was easy with the Saalbach website ( However their automatic booking system disregarded a lot of places if you looked for less than 7 nights, so stuck in 7 nights and then emailed the available places to see if they'll take people for 4 nights)
Also Saalbach is supposed to be good for intermidates (so I'm told). Hope the snow stays. Was in Zell about this time last year, snow was patchy,
Kaprun saved the day. (Which, if Saalbachs snow ain't up to it, the glacier is about a halfhour away at Kaprun)
Have booked private transfer for €65pp return. and skis/ boots ready to be picked up. so all set. (snow snow snow , should have booked snow, hope there's snow left for us when we get there)

There are my reasons for Saabach. Works for me.Would be interested to hear where you end up. these 4 night sking trips can be handy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wingspan, try anywhere in the Ski Amade area and you won't be disappointed! See www.skiamade.com for all the info. The region includes resorts like Flachau, Schladming, Bad Gastein, Zauchensee, Grossarl, Wagrain, Hochkonig Area to name a few.

Most places are there abouts and hours transfer from Salzburg. There are lots of Snowheads here who live in the ski amade or have property there (me included in Bad Gastein) who can give you advice.

Cheers and have a great time!! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wingspan, I would second Kersh's comments, Many of the place s mentioned are less than an hour from Salzburg. Flachau is in fact about 40 minutes by taxi. Get your fligt times right and you will get 4 days skiing in.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We do 4 day breaks to Lech/St.Anton. We fly EasyJet from Bristol to Innsbruck, then take a cab (1hr and a bit) to Lech. The snow has always been good.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
erica2004, erica - where do you stay please?

wingspan, 6th to the 10th will be awkward I think as it includes a Saturday and Sunday night, thus running across 2 'normal' week bookings...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
wingspan, 6th to the 10th will be awkward I think as it includes a Saturday and Sunday night, thus running across 2 'normal' week bookings...

red 27, I agree but I think wingspan should be ok to find something.

Just decide where you want to go and get onto the local tourist office. They'll have a list of local accommodation you can contact. Some have an online notice board where you can post your requirements, then local hotels etc. will then read it and offer you accommodation.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi did a four day trip 2 weeks ago to Isola 2000 in the Southern Alps, its an hour and a half drive tops from Nice Airport, car hire around €100.00 for 4 days and Ryan Air / Easy Jet fly there daily, I stayed here:

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Pierre__Vacances_Les_Terrasses_dAzur_Residence_Isola_2000.htm

Fairly comfortable, the resort centre itself is a bit of a dump, but the skiing is very nice for intermediates with lots of blues / reds .......... 3 different area's to ski all accessible from the resort cemtre ......... lift pass for 4 days was around €80.00.

Hope that helps ................
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy